Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i wonder if anyone could tell me if i want to test my coolent run on pump direct from the battery
which wire is plus and minus
pump wasnt working sprayed contact spray inside the plug
worked for a coulpe of months but has stopped working again
thanks

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
RudeBadger said:
give it a good tap with a hammer handle......... probably a bit gunged u..... :)
That's what fixed mine few weeks ago- still working. :p

(I actually used a 1/2 in drive 12inch extension bar as a drift, but same principle, took a couple of quite hard taps.)

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
To test it simply unplug and there's two sockets, brown wire is earth and other is +12v but if you can't see (and to be sure/safe) then set the meter (DVM) to volts DC and measure across both pins. If the meter reads -12 vdc then swap them round and if you then get +12v then red meter lead is the 12v live. To double check or if there's no voltage (less than 1vdc) either way.
Set the meter to resistance and do a continuity check from the earth/brown lead to somewhere on the chassis or battery earth strap to confirm the earth/return line.
When it works it will flick to 12v for about 1/2 sec on AUX/ignition II and then go back to zero and when you switch ignition off it will go up to +12v for at least 10mins.

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
RudeBadger said:
Skeee said:
RudeBadger said:
give it a good tap with a hammer handle......... probably a bit gunged u..... :)
That's what fixed mine few weeks ago- still working. :p

(I actually used a 1/2 in drive 12inch extension bar as a drift, but same principle, took a couple of quite hard taps.)
its the only useful thing I've ever come up with.... lol
True :-*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts