Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Thats a disgrace as long as it was moderated properly I see no reason for closing a whole board.

Feedback from garages who have provided a poor level of service and recommendations of good alternatives are a god send in todays cut throat market.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Ive only ever criticised Audi dealers that ive had bad service from. Last year when i had a service carried out they over filed the oil, i took it back they agreed (reluctantly) that it had been over filled and drained some out. I made them put it in writing the reason why i went back. They weren't happy, but f*ck em. Their incompetence could have damaged my cat.

If people dont complain, service wont improve! Same goes for any industry.

As long as people have 'genuine' complaints i feel its our obligation to shout about it.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
HighTT said:
Could this happen to us :?: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Should we be careful when complaining about dealers such as
Ducklands Audi :p
Well the TTOC don't own the TT Forum for a start. And what about freedom of speech?

If Audi are worried about people commenting about shoddy workmanship, I have one word of advice... IMPROVE :wink:

·
Registered
883 Posts
If anyone has a complaint about bad/poor service from Audi dealers or any other garage for that matter and it's justified, we could invite the respective garage to post a reply on this forum regarding the complaint.

I doubt very much any of them would take up such an invite but at least we would have given them the opportunity to do so.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i think what companies are worried about is someone coming on here saying they have had bad work done before taking the matter to the garage. straight away bad mouthing them and losing business for them over something that could be very minor.

but yes these places to need to clean up their act in the first place. especially audi.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Suraj_TT said:
Oh my god - i read the thread and I shi* myself!!!!

I'd go mental if the forum was ever closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah me too..but i would get more work done :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
How can someone telling the TRUTH about bad service be described as "irresponsible"? Maybe - in that instance - someone was mouthing off unjustifiably. Seems a weird stance to take otherwise.

No, I think any forum should be able to speak up about both good and bad service. As an example, take the recent remarks made in threads about a certain supplier of stainless steel exhausts whose products are going rusty. I say, if they've got anything about them, and nothing to hide, come on to the forum and state your case. But do they? do they b***ocks. So already we are witnessing sales going to competing suppliers. That's great, that's one of the prime reasons for being part of a forum - sharing knowledge.

If it means one thing, get yer facts right before mouthing off on here, and most of all, TAKE IT UP WITH THE SERVICE PROVIDER FIRST! Give them a fair chance to make amends.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
if theyre service was good and prices reasonable then people wouldnt have a bad thing to say about any dealers or indys for that matter

is it not fair to compliment a garage or indy if they have done good work at a good price
freedom of speech is not illegal
giving people advice on where to go and where not to go is a good thing for motorists as they fork out enough for other motoring expenses

·
Registered
428 Posts
we dont know the full details of why it has been closed. as was said before it may have been an issue that the customer had caused but instead went mouthing off on a forum. bad mouthing the company which may have been in the right.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It is true that deflamatory comments can cause websites and forums problems with libel, and it's a warning to us that forum members must be cautious how they 'word' their comments. I guess there is nothing wrong with "in my opinion, I think the service sucks at ?" or "my experience was blah, blah, blah". We're entitled to freedom of speech but just be careful with wording, peeps :wink:

·
Registered
883 Posts
ttsteve

Excellent point about a certain supplier of stainless steel exhausts whose products are going rusty.

Have they made any comment about their product....NO i'm pretty sure they must have heard the rumblings but still they choose to do or say nothing.

Without forums like this a lot of us would have been none the wiser about poor service, poor products, rogue traders, poor stealers ect ect.

On a positive note through this forum and others like it ,we know the best places where to take our cherished motors when we want a top job doing.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
graham225 said:
ttsteve

Excellent point about a certain supplier of stainless steel exhausts whose products are going rusty.
Word is they're run of the mill technically... :wink:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
graham225 said:
ttsteve

Have they made any comment about their product....NO i'm pretty sure they must have heard the rumblings but still they choose to do or say nothing.

Without forums like this a lot of us would have been none the wiser about poor service, poor products, rogue traders, poor stealers ect ect.

On a positive note through this forum and others like it ,we know the best places where to take our cherished motors when we want a top job doing.
Graham, exactly.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
rustyintegrale said:
HighTT said:
Could this happen to us :?: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Should we be careful when complaining about dealers such as
Ducklands Audi :p
Well the TTOC don't own the TT Forum for a start. And what about freedom of speech?

If Audi are worried about people commenting about shoddy workmanship, I have one word of advice... IMPROVE :wink:
Agreed :wink:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I've used the Volvo forums quite a bit in the past and it was exactly as it was on here - friendly in general and an extremely useful source of information. But obviously some dealer with a bit of cash behind them found it justified to threaten the owners club. The VOC had no choice but to close the forums and the same could indeed happen here if a particularly nasty company thought the TTF were causing them problems. It would then be up to Jae personally as to whether the legal exspenses would be worth the trouble.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Same happened to one of the MGF sites a year or so back due to banter about the service they were getting from MG.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Same thing happend to the Alfa forum too but at the end of the day what is stopping a website designer creating a new site, if the IP address is closed another one can be opened under a slightly different name even. Is that not what the internet is all about? :?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ChadW said:
Same thing happend to the Alfa forum too
Which Alfa forum :?: :?: :?: :?:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.