Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys,
just took the sump off and as expected the oil pump had failed, cylinder no1 shells had spun in the conrod and welded themselves together, oil pump turns over by hand but it takes a lot of force so it's obviously picked up in there also. The pump must have failed instantaneously as the conrod has not even heated up (usually they go blue with heat), on the plus side turbo appears to be ok, top end has also been saved, it must have let go as I was slowing for junction (very lucky, if you can call it that!!). Done a compression test before starting and all was OK, removed all cam caps they are also fine no pick up or play at all in any of them, bore also appears to be fine (what I can see of it). When I get the engine out of car I should know alot more. My query now is regarding the crank, bearing in mind nr1 journel is pretty much fooked, I am unsure whether to have it reground with new shells or try and get a good 2nd hand crank.

Does anyone know if all the 1.8t's have the same crank??? It's an APX 225 unit.
Usual gratitude for any input,

Thanks in advance,
Paddy (no crank) [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.