Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have an annoying creaking noise when turning right. Am planning some suspension changes anyway so any ideas what might cause this.... Already plan Cupra R Top mounts, new springs and bushes on the front anyway. Might the top mounts or bushes be the culprit??

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
could be any number of bushes or collars on the front, wishbone, ARB, ..........top mounts I dont think would creak, more likely knock if their badly worn, could also be steering rack bush/collar?? . Try spraying all the bushes and ARB collars with silicon spray and then test her, might sort it. Check your front left wheel, jack her up and see if there is any movement from top to bottom, although a worn wheel bearing is more of a whirr than a creak, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
merlin c said:
could be any number of bushes or collars on the front, wishbone, ARB, ..........top mounts I dont think would creak, more likely knock if their badly worn, could also be steering rack bush/collar?? . Try spraying all the bushes and ARB collars with silicon spray and then test her, might sort it. Check your front left wheel, jack her up and see if there is any movement from top to bottom, although a worn wheel bearing is more of a whirr than a creak, just a thought.
Cheers Merlin C. I'll see what investigating I can do. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did you find out what the problem was mate?

Mine just started doing this today, was fine when i went to work this morning, then on the way home turning right horrible creaking noise :evil:

I really hope its not the rack as this was refurbished not long ago and the garage that did it were foooooking useless.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mafz said:
Did you find out what the problem was mate?

Mine just started doing this today, was fine when i went to work this morning, then on the way home turning right horrible creaking noise :evil:

I really hope its not the rack as this was refurbished not long ago and the garage that did it were foooooking useless.
I hope so too - got enough expense coming up!! I'm still to have the suspension bits changed so hopefully that might cure it. Knowing my luck it won't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts