Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im looking around to retrofit cruise control for my TT 8J MY2008.
I already checked guide but i have a question about wiring from ECU.
Is it needed in all cars? Or maybe some cars have already that wires built it?
My car has stock MFSW so is it possible i already have wires from ECU?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I don't remember anyone who has retro fitted cruise control saying that the wire was already there. Generally speaking, Audi only fit the wires that support the factory fitted options on a particular car.

Having a MFSW has nothing to do with cruise control.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
It's probably easiest to look for the wire at the steering wheel module. If it's there it will be in position 13 in the black connector.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Mine is also a 2008 with standard MFSW, I retro fitted cruise control earlier this year and the wire from steering wheel module to ECU was not present. It's not a hard job but it is time consuming, absolutely loads of useful info on here as always. You may find, like mine, the correct pin on the ECU plug has a plastic blank in it, can't remember the number though.

Be very careful removing the wipers, if they haven't been removed for a while, if ever, they are an absolute pig to free from the motor so invest in a cheap wiper arm puller.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,517 Posts
In order to access the ECU inside the plenum, this post describes how to get to it. While you're in there you might take a minute to check your drains just to make sure they're clear from debris -
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Car Automotive air manifold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts