Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced both bulbs about 2 months ago all going well till the right side started to randomly flicker and then go off after about 10mins, if you turn the light off then on its ok for about another 10mins so I replaced the bulb today and the very same issue, checked all the cables I could see and they look in good nick what could be the issue :(

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Should be a straightforward switched input and neg and 1 output and neg to lamp, probably plug and go.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
ashmo said:
Any chance it could be the igniter or switch even know it does come on fine every time for about 5 mins haha
If it was the igniter it would not work properly at all, the symptoms are that of a faulty ballast if all your cables are ok.

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Ashmo don't take this the wrong way but have you thought you might have bought a moneypit because it seems you are getting problem after problem :(

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
another possibility is the relay, to discount this and the switch just turn the lights on, when they fail unplug the input to the ballast and check the voltage with a multimeter, about 13.5v if your engine is running. If the voltage is fine then replace the ballast, if not work back, replace relay and try again, if still faulty replace switch, thats how I would do it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jamman said:
Ashmo don't take this the wrong way but have you thought you might have bought a moneypit because it seems you are getting problem after problem :(
3k 225 so far its needed a new MAF £23 new cam chain tensioner £90 and now a new Ballast which I got the ballast + igniter for £45 :) So still not bad for a nice little car :) free labour on any work so happy days

·
Registered
396 Posts
ashmo said:
DuTTchNL said:
Have you tryed the fuses on top of the battery?

Those where my problem with flikkering
Whitch ones were causing you issues mate?
The complete fusebox was melting on the inside. It always happenend in a lefthand turn, xenon started flikkering and stopt working.

Lights of and lights on and they worked again. Changed the bulbs, and the balast. Nothing worked.

Untill one day my car overheated, fans stopt working because of the melted fusebox. Changed that and my xenon problem went away to.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Ballast or ignitor... Ballast is an easy swap but ignitor is a front bumper off job.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts