Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
TTS Vegas Yellow • M5 Sapphire Black
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it had to happen!

After so much good news (car arriving 3 weeks early, Free full tank of fuel, accidental upgrade to bi-colour 10 spokes free of charge) I finally got a some bad.

Was due to go and collect my car tomorrow and it turns out that the paperwork from the leasing company hasn't gone through in time so no car for me. It's now looking like Friday/Saturday.

Not a huge deal I know but I have been all geared up for tomorrow since Thursday last week. Damn Easter holidays!...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Drat, and double drat!!!!

G

·
Evild, you Ok buddy?? hope you not turned to the bottle! :lol:

Bit of a pi$$er that fella.
I mini blip at the final hurdle.

I would rather wait 3 days than 3 months like me! wanna swap??? :twisted:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Redcar_TT said:

Ok Ok. I see your point! :wink:

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Evild Derboy said:
Redcar_TT said:

:lol: :lol: Redcar - you're a wag :p

Evild - look on the bright side mate - no having to sit at work on the day you pick your car up [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now change your sig :wink:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FinFerNan said:
Evild Derboy said:
Redcar_TT said:

:lol: :lol: Redcar - you're a wag :p

Evild - look on the bright side mate - no having to sit at work on the day you pick your car up [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now change your sig :wink:
But you see that's a sting in the tail as well. I had booked tomorrow off. So I was all set for a day off and a the pick up of my new car. Now I have no new car and another day in the office to look forward to instead. DAMN AND DOUBLE DAMN!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Janitor said:
Jersey Paul said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sorry to hear this Del - but you're very close now... hopefully ;)
You'd be proud of me as well Clive. I've spent a small fortune on cleaning stuff:

Detailing Clay and QD
Meguiars NXt shampoo
Megiaurs 3 step Crystal polishing system
Megiaurs Washmit
Meguiars Mater magnet
Half a tonne of microfibre cloths
Meguiars Endurance tyre gloss
Alloy wheel polish

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nearly there EvilD. Nearly there m8. It will all be forgotten once you get behind the wheel.

Thats an impressive starting line up. Mark my words though m8, the expenditure doesn't stop. I've got £100 worth of swissvax kit on route. Managed to hold off 6 months but with a full clay bar treatment imminent, some tarting up of the brake calipers, some work in the wheel arches and some new rims to be ordered, i thought what the hell.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Evild Derboy said:
Janitor said:
Nice [smiley=thumbsup.gif] You quite like the Megs stuff then..? ;)
I do and seein as I have nothing better to do Im away to see what else I can buy on line...
Ooo, an Autobrite Foam Lance is on my list [smiley=thumbsup.gif] The Gilmour Foamaster is good, but the lance is big fun and another pre-wash level :p

From there I’m pretty well sorted, except for a new order of Quick Detail stuff (thinking a gallon of Megs Last Touch this time) and maybe some Zaino gear for added bling, but to be fair, the Collinite wax I used at the start of November with a top-up a month ago is super resilient and continues to impress

·
Registered
549 Posts
:lol: Indeed. I didnt mention virosol, johnsons baby bath (blue), some new lint free rags, black hammerite, artists paint brush, dental floss for TT de-badge, oh crap..... argggghhhhhhhh ! Leave me alone. It hurts.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Janitor said:
Evild Derboy said:
Janitor said:
Nice [smiley=thumbsup.gif] You quite like the Megs stuff then..? ;)
I do and seein as I have nothing better to do Im away to see what else I can buy on line...
Ooo, an Autobrite Foam Lance is on my list [smiley=thumbsup.gif] The Gilmour Foamaster is good, but the lance is big fun and another pre-wash level :p

From there I’m pretty well sorted, except for a new order of Quick Detail stuff (thinking a gallon of Megs Last Touch this time) and maybe some Zaino gear for added bling, but to be fair, the Collinite wax I used at the start of November with a top-up a month ago is super resilient and continues to impress
Do you need a pressure washer to use a foam lance? The water pressure up here in Sconny Botland is pretty good so any chance i can put one that will fit a hose or does it need to be a pressure washer?

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Janitor said:
Jersey Paul said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sorry to hear this Del - but you're very close now... hopefully ;)
Notice3d that one too. :lol: All Mutley's fault.

Won't be long Del and as others have said well worth the wait. You get that free extra ear to ear grin then.

Neil - if you are going to do the brake calipers then Japlac is what I used. Easy to apply and seems to have lasted well even though I cooked the front brakes. Takes a while to dry but gives a very good gloss finish.

I did the Swissvax route as well; £100 for a tub of wax but so easy to apply and buff off.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I believe it does need to be on a pressure washer, but a cheapy low powered Karcher will do fine [smiley=thumbsup.gif] No need for mega power - in fact, I wouldn't use high pressure on my car as that in itself can mar the paintwork

There's a Karcher Deal on Idealworld channel on TV at the moment (allegedly! :oops: )

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
VicTT said:
£100 for a tub of wax but so easy to apply and buff off.
Pah, that's nothing! That Paul Dalton bloke off Fifth / Top Gear is releasing a wax which rolls in at £10,000 a pot... and it's not even on a 'free for life refill' type deal that Zymol do either :eek: I think this is 'celebrity' gone mad

He is known in certain circles and celeb / footballer / rich kid types may well buy into the concept that it's the next 'must have' thing... but Christ, as much as I freely ride the 'anal car care' train of thought, that is just ludicrous :roll:

Group buy anyone..?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did you really mean 10K? or is that a typo? and this is polishing wax? for 10 k, i could easily hire a bevy of fine birds in bikinis to wash and polish my car bi-weekly for months, even years to come. (dependant on services included)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really am turning into a nutter:

I've just ordered:

Meguiars Hot Rims Alloy Wheel Cleaner
Meguiars Gold Class trim bumper and rubber detailer
Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner Conditioner
Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer Mist & Wipe

No. I don't have shares in Meguiars...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.