Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

new to the forum as just purchased a 2003 (03) 225bhp roadster in some kind of metallic greyey blue (not sure what the official colour is) with grey interior (classy) last thursday. Absolutely love the cars looks and is awesome to drive, especially since I was upgrading from an old knackared Y reg punto 1.2!! Paid £4800 and had 71000 miles on clock, fantastic condition inside and a few minor knicks and scratches on exterior, overall excellent condition and much better than the other 10 I looked at previously that weekend.

Had to replace a tyre and the rear suspension dampers already (knew about these problems b4 buying as my dads a mechanic and got some knocked off the price)

Took it down to Alton towers on Sunday, a 5 hour round trip and since then have noticed that after driving the car for a while the info panel on the dad pod starts to fade starting in the top left (where it says the radio station etc.) and seems to get worse the longer I drive, but when I start her (she's called Betty Blue! And yes I am a douche) up on the morning the problem is not there but by the end of the day is back.

What is this problem? Is it the warning signs of a major issue on the horizon (been reading about the massive costs if dashpod replacement) Any advice?

Kind regards
Steven

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, seems like it could be the place to use. Is this a common problem with the mk1 dashpod? I don't know how long it's been doing it for as have just bought the car but I'll probably see if it gets worse and if it doesn't, I'll have to see if I can live with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts