Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, i have recently purchased a 2001 TT which was my first, i was aware of the Dashpod problem although not to the suh a large extent.
Having been on the forum religiously every day several hours a day since i bought the car (i'm soooo hooked) i decided to contact AUDI.

My dash works fine, everything is as it should be, it has done 108000 miles and i wondered whether it had been replaced at some point in it's life.

To my amazement they confirmed it had not!!!! of course there is the possibility that a third party firm has fixed/replaced it although no receipts for this.

Am i in the minority? or are there plenty of people out there with a fully functioning 9 year old dashpods??????

I expect by posting this i am tempting fate and the dash will give up but i'm interested to know if it's simply a case of the problem not being as bad as first thought.....??

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I had mine changed the day before I picked it up - the garage PDI'd the car (Non Audi) and discovered it was faulty - I must admit I was very impressed - so no from me I have had it replaced and at the time it was about 5 years old.

You have so tempted fate :-(

Charlie

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie said:
I had mine changed the day before I picked it up - the garage PDI'd the car (Non Audi) and discovered it was faulty - I must admit I was very impressed - so no from me I have had it replaced and at the time it was about 5 years old.

Charlie
I think it must have been changed at some point, surely 9 years on the original POD is unusual? i hope it was changed by an indy garage a couple of years ago..........

if i've tempted fate and it goes i'm gonna give myself a good thrashing.......and the £700 notes would poo poo my shift gate purchase (from you of course Charlie :lol: )

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Johny D said:
Charlie said:

Charlie
I think it must have been changed at some point, surely 9 years on the original POD is unusual? i hope it was changed by an indy garage a couple of years ago..........

if i've tempted fate and it goes i'm gonna give myself a good thrashing.......and the £700 notes would poo poo my shift gate purchase (from you of course Charlie :lol: )
:lol: :lol: You may still be able to get a free replacement but you would need to research, as I think Audi have backed out of their replace them all for free deal [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Charlie

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drjam said:
10 year old original pod here...
good to hear.....hope i haven't jinxed us.....

·
Registered
84,371 Posts
9 year old TTR 29k on the clock and on my 3rd dash pod

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
( year old TTR 29k on the clock and on my 3rd dash pod
ouch....3rd POD, that's outrageous, Audi should be ashamed let alone embarrassed at this product...though they can be excused due to how beautiful these cars look :D

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Johny D said:
Hi folks, i have recently purchased a 2001 TT which was my first, i was aware of the Dashpod problem although not to the suh a large extent.
Having been on the forum religiously every day several hours a day since i bought the car (i'm soooo hooked) i decided to contact AUDI.

My dash works fine, everything is as it should be, it has done 108000 miles and i wondered whether it had been replaced at some point in it's life.

To my amazement they confirmed it had not!!!! of course there is the possibility that a third party firm has fixed/replaced it although no receipts for this.

Am i in the minority? or are there plenty of people out there with a fully functioning 9 year old dashpods??????

I expect by posting this i am tempting fate and the dash will give up but i'm interested to know if it's simply a case of the problem not being as bad as first thought.....??
Don't do it !!!!!!!!!!! too late... i did exactly the same thing... oh i must be really lucky my dashpod is fine... and literally 24hours later... fuel gage started...... you have well and truly cursed yourself now. :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't do it !!!!!!!!!!! too late... i did exactly the same thing... oh i must be really lucky my dashpod is fine... and literally 24hours later... fuel gage started...... you have well and truly cursed yourself now. :lol:[/quote]

expect my next post to have the subject "SON OF A B*TCH....I LOATHE MYSELF.....WHY O WHY, ERRRR LOVE CAN I BORROW 700 NOTES X"
[smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
i could say that after one false reading on the fuel guage a month or so ago , the prob dissapeared after a refill ,( full tank )and after another few full tanks there has been no reocurance,, but i wont !!! :wink: :wink: ( 2003, 60k )

·
Registered
84,371 Posts
Johny D said:
YELLOW_TT said:
( year old TTR 29k on the clock and on my 3rd dash pod
ouch....3rd POD, that's outrageous, Audi should be ashamed let alone embarrassed at this product...though they can be excused due to how beautiful these cars look :D
First one went after 3 months second one went just under 5 years

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
And the lord did speak unto thee, "And lo, If thyne dashpod flickereth not and pointing instruments be straight and true.... then tempteth not thyne fate, for it will be a most destructuve and furious anger that will befall thee once thine 'issues' commence..... Lest not we forget those among us who have suffered greatly and offered up not one, but two or more of the cursed dashpods, and let it be known within that for this moment, thyne dashpod is sound-as, safe, tickety boo and be thankful....."

Extracted from the gospel according to Ant.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
antcole said:
And the lord did speak unto thee, "And lo, If thyne dashpod flickereth not and pointing instruments be straight and true.... then tempteth not thyne fate, for it will be a most destructuve and furious anger that will befall thee once thine 'issues' commence..... Lest not we forget those among us who have suffered greatly and offered up not one, but two or more of the cursed dashpods, and let it be known within that for this moment, thyne dashpod is sound-as, safe, tickety boo and be thankful....."

Hope that helps
:lol: that's quality, i've recited it out loud three times on 'thou' knees and with pressed palms.....surely the mighy TT Dash Lord will spare me!!!!!

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Johny D said:
antcole said:

Hope that helps
:lol: that's quality, i've recited it out loud three times on 'thou' knees and with pressed palms.....surely the mighy TT Dash Lord will spare me!!!!!
I think you should be ok if youve redeemed and repented, otherwise you might need the services of the midget exorcist from poltergeist to nip round and flush out those demons man!

Failing that, ebay have a good repair service advertised somewhere..... oh lets not say any more!! :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.