Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is here. Currently doing a friend of ResB's M3 CSL outside my place in the pissing rain before heading into my garage for the drying and 'whatever he does after that' bits.

I'm sat inside working on my lappy thinking 'bloody hell it looks wet and cold out there. Think I'll make him another brew, poor lad!

Dave is here for 3 days so expect plenty of photos come Saturday night!!

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
In the immortal words of Sir Alan Partridge "Dedication"

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Cheers Rich,

After a great get together (eventually) tonight at the Indian which I enjoyed immensely both yourself and Dave were great company and it was fun to talk motors and bloke stuff all night. What a consummate host you are. Thanks from myself and Ady for the loan of your driveway and of course your garage for Dave to do his stuff. Without you, Dave would have achieved nothing over the last couple of days so I can only bow to your generosity.

Albeit bloody freezing today, Dave stuck at it through bitter cold to once again fettle my car after the OPC had cleaned it and left it in a bit of a mess much to my distaste. However, after Dave had worked his magic we took it for a spin in the wet and got it all dirty again so I can only hope the M3 gives you more than the electric windows to play with (which I'm sure it will). :) As you said, I need to check what guarantee Dave provides because to be this dirty so soon after 8 hours of cleaning and waxing it just can't be right. :)

I have to say, I was honoured to meet such a nice guy and and fellow petrol head and of course a wife and kids that puts up with ya. ;) You're a true scholar (twice now) and can only hope that you keep the wife and kids happy enough over the easter break, to join us at the Ring and perhaps Spa later in May.

So, it's yours tomorrow. I can't help feeling that "Dave" should buy the missus some flowers for putting up with two complete strangers whilst waiting for your car to be done. Seems only fair to me. :p

Thanks again for a great evening and I may pop in tomorrow to see how Dave is getting on, even if it is snowing like crazy. :)

Thanks again and I'll speak with you soon.

Rich

PS.

Thanks again Dave, whilst your sitting there in front of the log fire supping stella. ;)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
wallsendmag said:
I had to cancel for Sunday :oops: (sorry again Dave) Looks fortunate now given the weather forecast.
Oh no. Nearly as unreliable as the Toon. ;)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Dotti said:
Tell you what, that wind is picking up out there. Certainly not spring like at all. :eek: . Glad I'm indoors brrrrr :wink: Roll on your piccies Leg 8)
Not kidding. Too cold for me today so me and Rich ran some chores in a nice warm Jeep. And before anyone asks, Rich cleaned two cars today and one was the Jeep he vowed never to clean. ;)

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rich, great meeting you and Ady and having rides in your cars. I need to work on my nerve to get up to the car's limits as you clearly have in the porker, that was one hell of a ride!!

Sat in the garage on the lappy whilst Dave is doing my car. Just sorting some pics out which I'll post in a few minutes.

PS. You hadnt really lived until you drove the Jeep had you? Admit it, it's a beast! :wink:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave gets started on the CSL

My E92 M3 still dirty and Ady's freshly cleaned E46 M3 CSL (cant wait to get my 19s on :( )

Resb's 997

Getting started on the M3

Dave Clay bar's my M3

and starts the paint cleaning

New phone cradle I got yesterday. I have the factory bluetooth and telematics kit fitted and BMW are too tight to include a phone cradle and charger. £60 but it charges it and also uses the fin on the roof for reception.

More pics later, Dave has another 6 hours to go he tells me.

Car logged onto Google below. I now have it receiving RSS feeds from BBC News, BBC Sport and Top Gear News and I've discovered I can google anything I like and then either call or navigate to whatever I have googled up (assuming it's a place of course). Very handy for hotels, restaurants, business etc

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Well I guess the sun always shines on the righteous! :)

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Leg said:
Car logged onto Google below. I now have it receiving RSS feeds from BBC News, BBC Sport and Top Gear News and I've discovered I can google anything I like and then either call or navigate to whatever I have googled up (assuming it's a place of course). Very handy for hotels, restaurants, business etc
Now, that is smart 8)

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave finished and......took a mate out for a spin and its mucky. It's spot on and a much better prep job than the dealer could have done though. Enjoyed meeting Dave, Rich and Ady and had a good 3 days of cars, cars, cars.

Used up many brownie points with wifey though. :lol:

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
Leg said:
Rich looks like you sold the TT a bit to soon you will be needing 4 wheel drive :wink:

·
4,806 Posts
Looks a though we chose the "best" 3 days!

Anyway, was great to meet you Rich... just as good to see ResB and Adrian again :) Fine choice of cars of between the 3 of you too!

A little spring weather wouldn't have gone amiss - but it is Easter and all 4 seasons in an hour should be expected (and were experienced!)

Good company, curry, cars and beer - 'twas a good, if perishing, 3 days :p

Thanks again to you and your family for looking after me; felt spoilt :)

Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.