Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just debadged the tailgate of my TT, only to discover that a previous owner has attempted to de-badge the car with what I can only guess was a hammer and chisel! Loads of marks and stuff around and under where the badges were.
So, on that note, anyone ever had any paintwork done on small areas? Will need the areas where the badges were painted (so just under the spoiler on the boot, and 2 rear sides of the rear bumper / tailgate). And has anyone got any idea of costs?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi

I had the same issue mate. Dont panic. You can use G3 polish to get it out. if that don't work that part is not hard to blend and should not cost more that £50ish quid if you wanted it painted.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,371 Posts
Hi Fragmau5, Replace the badges is easiest & cheaper.. :lol: :wink:
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Fragmau5, Replace the badges is easiest & cheaper.. :lol: :wink:
Hoggy. :D
Haha, I thought about that instantly. But, I have a vision of how I want it to look and the badges must go unfortunately.

Right then, to the bodyshop I go on payday :evil:

·
Registered
262 Posts
you could paint the badge same colour as your car and stick it back on thats another option.
a good painter should be able to lose it before going into the bumper and then clear coat below your spoiler. cant see it being over £100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts