Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Strong bit of fishing/strimmer cord heat the hell out of it with a hairdryer and slide under and the jobs a good un.

It's not difficult at all just don't be hasty because the laquer can come off.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jamman said:
Strong bit of fishing/strimmer cord heat the hell out of it with a hairdryer and slide under and the jobs a good un.

Ok will get pics when it's done :wink:

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
jamman said:

Worked for me

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
jamman said:

Worked for me
Didn't work for me :cry: took a bit of paint off. Took my time aswell never mind back on the badge goes ! :wink:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Pour boiling hot water over them straight from the kettle, mine practically fell off after enough and does no damage at all to paint etc.

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
Nikos3008 said:
Pour boiling hot water over them straight from the kettle, mine practically fell off after enough and does no damage at all to paint etc.
I would not recommend boiling water very hot yes but not boiling

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Nikos3008 said:
I would not recommend boiling water very hot yes but not boiling
Indeed +1, never boiling.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,553 Posts
staners1 said:
Didn't work for me :cry: took a bit of paint off. Took my time aswell never mind back on the badge goes ! :wink:
Hi Marc, Back to Swansea for a respray. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: If it aint broke don't fix it. :p
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just did mine few days ago with a very thin screwdriver wrapped in a microfiber cloth. Slid it under and lifted the badge straight off. Bit jetwash and polish removed the residue and that. Looks fine :)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hoggy said:
staners1 said:
Hi Marc, Back to Swansea for a respray. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: If it aint broke don't fix it. :p
Hoggy. :D
its not that bad hoggy :wink: just 2 small spots of paint which i will cover with a new chrome tt badge :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.