Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a 2004 TT 3.2 DSG and had an inspection on it and it found some error codes on the diagnostic tool.

I'm not sure i understand what they mean. He roadtested the car for quite a while and on a dualcarriage way and he said there was no issues with the gearbox and that it changed gear smoothly.

Image:
Rectangle Font Gadget Display device Technology

Any help, please.

·
Registered
9,737 Posts
If it is a speed sensor in the gearbox is faulty (dirty, damaged, disconnected) won't the vehicle speedo also be erratic, slow, incorrect? My sons old Ford Focus went into limp mode with a fault speed sensor.. it also references terminal 30... which is the main power to the loom... I would ask the RAC person if they cleared all the faults after recording them and drove after, then re-read.. they might have thought they were helping you negotiate showing you them if only in 1st arrival. You get all sorts of errors appear if the car battery is low.. not sure what type of errors may happen if the car is towed with the ignition on and low battery.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
My response was a tad rude but the point i was making is you could have done what you asked someone else to do as in look up what the codes meant.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,517 Posts
@ j0ker73 - Couple of points to be aware of regarding fault scans -

First - DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes - also known as Faults) could be old faults that were resolved during a repair but never cleared. Clear the faults, take the car for a 5-minute drive, then scan it again. If the faults are gone, then you know they were old ones. If they're still there, then you have some problems to resolve.

Second - As Hoggy indicated, the easiest way to find out what DTC means is to run a Google Search for "Ross Tech xxxxx" where xxxxx is the fault code. Then go to the Ross Tech Wiki and see what they have for possible symptoms, causes and solutions.

If you're thinking about getting your own OBDII device, this post covers four of the most popular used in this Forum -
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

1 - 7 of 7 Posts