Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email from my salesman which has put a bit of a downer on the day to be honest , first email this morning advised that my new toy had be bolted together and was awaiting shipment- yaaaaay!

But then I replied asking him to make sure I got the usual arrangement - diamond bright/ rubber mats thrown in......

His rely pissed me off a little, he informed me that he can't do that any more and now I would be looking at £350.00 for the bodycare/Diamond Bright to be applied for delivery!

Come on.... £350.00!

So my question is, has anybody around the northwest had this treatment applied elsewhere at a more reasonable price.

I have been told you can buy the Diamond bright kit for £90.....

I would be looking at £200 as a reasonable price......

Any one know any good places that do it.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Jace said:
Just had an email from my salesman which has put a bit of a downer on the day to be honest , first email this morning advised that my new toy had be bolted together and was awaiting shipment- yaaaaay!

But then I replied asking him to make sure I got the usual arrangement - diamond bright/ rubber mats thrown in......

His rely pissed me off a little, he informed me that he can't do that any more and now I would be looking at £350.00 for the bodycare/Diamond Bright to be applied for delivery!

Come on.... £350.00!

So my question is, has anybody around the northwest had this treatment applied elsewhere at a more reasonable price.

I have been told you can buy the Diamond bright kit for £90.....

I would be looking at £200 as a reasonable price......

Any one know any good places that do it.
My dealer wanted £500 or £400 for just the exterior that was Lifeshine rather than Diamond Bright though.

By a kit of ebay and do it yourself, the Lifeshine Kit is a lot less than £90.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
I wouldn't bother, its not that good - so no real loss.
I'd simply take it to a professional detailer for about £250/day and get the full works.

Or if you are looking for protection get it clear coated - but from memory it was about 1100 on my last RS (front end and sills)

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
If you want a proper coating that will actually protect the car, then G-techniq C1 is the only one I'm aware of. A proper professional detailer should charge about £350 to apply this to your new car after having machine polished it if necessary. C1 is a ceramic coating that bonds to the paint and resists scratching (very small scratches). But you do still need to wash it properly and top up the protection with C1.5 Silo Seal every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealers know you want it done for when you get it, that's how they have got ya!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the sounds of it £350 is not that bad!

I remember getting an RS Focus done by Ford years ago(when the blue monster first came out)

It was only £250 and it was bob on!

I guess I will just have to cough up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.