Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So winter just started and when I started my car I went to use the wipers and they moved a little but were frozen so I quickly got out and broke them free.

Now they won't move. I checked the fuse and it's all good. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,368 Posts
Hi, I'm sure the fuse would have blown before the motor would have fried. Can you hear the motor running, perhaps it's the linkage.
Hoggy. :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
As been said would have blown fuse immediately. Make sure fuse is good, chuck it if in doubt. Also without being rude make sure your checking the right one. Its easy to miss read fuse panel.
Should be fuse 24 and 20 amp.

·
Registered
11,834 Posts
On my previous car, when I replaced the wiper motor I blew the new one as I'd connected the linkage wrong so when I triggered the wipers instead of going up they went down and obviously couldn't go any further as the bonnet was in the way.....

So it is possible to blow the motor if the arms can't move.

I now ALWAYS test run the motor BEFORE refitting the wiper arms...!!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
As davebowk has already said ,you don’t need another linkage, the existing TT linkage will work fine as long as you cut a small slot out of it to accommodate the slightly larger Golf motor.
From memory, there is an early and later (post 2000?) Golf motor with just a slight difference in the shape of the electrical connector.
Again from memory you need the post-2000 Golf motor with the square connector, which is what the original TT motor has.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts