Audi TT Forum banner

Different silicon TIP hoses?!

662 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  tricklexxx 
#1 ·
As my TT has the APX engine, am I looking for a different TIP over the BAM? Or are they all the same? I quite fancy one as my standard tip is all soft! Haha.
Jack

#2 ·
let me know what you come up with, its do-able but you gotta kinda make it up as you go along. if i was as easy as the BAM i would have done it by now :x

#6 ·
jamason, let do this together!!!! ive been after a tip for AGES and i want a 3"er!!!!

#7 ·
Haha! I'm really not the best person to be doing this un aided or with out guidance. I will have a look at what's involved this weekend. Sounds like loads of faffing about, just wanted one that I could stick in and drive away! Bloody lazy and complicated APX engine! Haha.
Jack

#11 ·
I've got a direct Silicone Tip for the TT Apx on my car. Perfect fit, no relocation required. It is not a 3" however.

#12 ·
nilrem said:
Badger5 3" TIP will fit the APX with an extra £20 of bits to relocate the N75 and the hockey puck
ill buy the badger 5 no problem, its the "other bits for £20" that worries me. and the hockey puck, haha i havnt heard this before, great discription.

DrrnCour said:
I've got a direct Silicone Tip for the TT Apx on my car. Perfect fit, no relocation required. It is not a 3" however.
where is this little gem mate?

[smiley=book2.gif]

#13 ·
Hi, i have an APX TT and i fitted the normal 225 silicone induction pipe from forge. I think you all are talking about the induction pipe? Well all my turbo hoses are from forge as well and for 225. I don't know if that will help?

Cheers
Werner

#14 ·
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=283937&p=2333940#p2333940

This is the one I bought, perfect fit and good quality. Took me about 35 minutes to fit, simple job.

It's a Chinese cope £38 delivered, however don't let it put you off very happy, see pics in above link.

#15 ·
DrrnCour said:
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=283937&p=2333940#p2333940

This is the one I bought, perfect fit and good quality. Took me about 35 minutes to fit, simple job.

It's a Chinese cope £38 delivered, however don't let it put you off very happy, see pics in above link.
So that's a direct fit for the APX engine?! I would proffer a 3" so I'm going to investigate the Extras needed to get a BAM forge unit to fit but if that fails...probably go with the silicone replacment OEM spec job like that one!
Jack

#16 ·
nelmanners said:
Hi, i have an APX TT and i fitted the normal 225 silicone induction pipe from forge. I think you all are talking about the induction pipe? Well all my turbo hoses are from forge as well and for 225. I don't know if that will help?

Cheers
Werner
Thanks for your input, I will contact Forge directly and see if they do a kit, might be worth while!
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.