Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of a how to guide (of the amateur level :p but i gotta start somewhere :p ) - its is a very simple guide with lots of pictures, i used this more as an entry level guide for myself as its very straight forward to figure out, but if anyone is unsure this may help.
TOTAL TIME -20minutes

The Engine bay as was, with broken dip stick handle and cracked tube.

Close Up - here you can see the two Bolts to the left and right and the sensor in the middle all of which need to be removed

Remove Sensor

Alan key head 5.5

Remove bolts and then the metal plate

Remove the old tube attached, with the dipstick as it was stuck!

Good opportunity to degrease this plate

With the tube removed i noticed the old tube has literally broken off around and INSIDE the pipe :( so i had to be extra careful removing both parts.

The outside of the tube -luckily - was cracked and so peeled away with a little pressure from the outside of the tube leaving only the inside ring in the tube. To test if it was STUCK or not i stuffed a microfibre in the tube and then basically pulled it out, as i was pulling the whole inside ring just slide right out, otherwise you would need to put some tissue or something down the pipe to avoid any small bits of broken pipe falling down the tube.

Once removed - wipe around the pipe with some clean tissue.

Simply push on the new tube making sure it is on nice and tight

Pop the plate back on - hooking it through the yellow holder and line up the two bolts

tighten bolts and attach sensor

re-attach cover and insert new shiny dipstick

Tools Used (may vary depending on where yours snapped and what you have available - this was all i had available and done the job fine

Old tube and stick with new for comparison

9 euros for new tube and stick from Cyprus dealers

Thanks

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
nothing a bit of spray paint wont solve :)

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Great how to there. Just one little point. When I did mine the 2 screws holding the plastic cover plate were a *&%*£$* to remove and took me a few hours to get them out. Apart from that the rest is simple as you have shown Well done.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
les said:
Great how to there. Just one little point. When I did mine the 2 screws holding the plastic cover plate were a *&%*£$* to remove and took me a few hours to get them out. Apart from that the rest is simple as you have shown Well done.
few hours :eek: unlucky there.

Unless your unlucky enough to get stuck screws or a very awkward snapped pipe its a pretty straight forward job

Even though its simple i will doa step by step when my BMC CDA arrives as well - Bloody Cyprus Post :x

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
les said:
...When I did mine the 2 screws holding the plastic cover plate were a *&%*£$* to remove and took me a few hours to get them out...
Yep, agree. In fact I couldn't get mine out, and neither could The Great One of Staines. :wink: In the end I had to buy a new plastic inlet manifold cover (£9 from a stealer - bargain!) and hack off the original, as one of the screws Would Not Come Out. :x Won't be a problem now though as I picked up a set of Was' engine bay bling bolts, inlet cover bolts/washers included. Now I only have to worry about dropping them in the engine bay - like I've done once already... :oops:

Nice write-up. I might replace my dipstick tube as I can't seem to get the fecker clean.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
now get a dipstick handle..............

·
Registered
887 Posts
Adam Wright said:
this is just what i needed! ordered my replacement from ebay. i will be putting this guide to good use later this week, cheers fella

ads
Have you a link Adam? :p

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Nice one, that looks like a job i could do :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill check the part number this morning

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Right. After a bit more research on EKTA (ETKA?) the part numbers are:

Dipstick: 06A 115 611Q
Guide: 06A 103 663B

About a tenner for both from a local dealer. A nice easy job for this weekend. :)

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Mondo said:
Right. After a bit more research on EKTA (ETKA?) the part numbers are:

Dipstick: 06A 115 611Q
Guide: 06A 103 663B

About a tenner for both from a local dealer. A nice easy job for this weekend. :)
You hope, providing you can get the 2 screws out holding the cover without to much difficulty. :roll:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ausTT said:
ill check the part number this morning
also

the part number of mine is - 06a103663b

but the above numbers also provide same tube

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
les said:
You hope, providing you can get the 2 screws out holding the cover without to much difficulty. :roll:
Been there, done that, got the snapped screwdriver :eek: :x to prove it - I'm not kidding. But I now have a set of Was' engine bay bling bolts, those two extra-deep ones included, so I can take 'em off/on with non-heterosexual abandon.

And, while the bloody things out of the way, I might do a bit more inlet manifold polishing. Not after mirror, just smooth. Ish. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.