Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, probably a stupid question for most i know,,, i have just bought a new dipstick for my car as my old one the plastic was breaking off, got my new one and put it in my car and it just falls into place with no tightness on the holder like my original one, is this going to be a problem?

you can write on the back of a stamp what i know about cars, :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chrisj82 said:
my old 1 used to pop out i bought this 1http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130721176412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_869wt_1037
job done it stays in place now :D
cheers Chris, the seller doesnt semm to have any more of these thanks for the link though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
daztheblue1976 said:
chrisj82 said:
my old 1 used to pop out i bought this 1http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130721176412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_869wt_1037
job done it stays in place now :D
cheers Chris, the seller doesnt semm to have any more of these thanks for the link though
Its a genuine audi 1 so maybe go in to audi and get 1 they cant cost to much there :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,408 Posts
There is a part number on the handle of your your old one, check it and compare it to the new one, I brought one off fea bay
And it had a different number and. It was slightly longer . In short I think you have been given the wrong one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1sttt said:
There is a part number on the handle of your your old one, check it and compare it to the new one, I brought one off fea bay
And it had a different number and. It was slightly longer . In short I think you have been given the wrong one.
i have thrown my old one away now so unable to see the number, i checked the length before putting it in my car and there were exactly the same length,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chrisj82 said:
daztheblue1976 said:
chrisj82 said:
my old 1 used to pop out i bought this 1http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130721176412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_869wt_1037
job done it stays in place now :D
cheers Chris, the seller doesnt semm to have any more of these thanks for the link though
Its a genuine audi 1 so maybe go in to audi and get 1 they cant cost to much there :D
thanks but cant seem to find anywhere on the net where i can get a genuine one from!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
daztheblue1976 said:
could anybody tell me where they sell genuine audi parts as i am struggling to find anywhere on the net for a new dipstick?
Just go to your nearest Audi dealership or look them up on the net, phone them and tell them what you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,429 Posts
daztheblue1976 said:
could anybody tell me where they sell genuine audi parts as i am struggling to find anywhere on the net for a new dipstick?
tps (trade part specialist) i think you can order from them, or as stated above try phoning your nearest dealer pay over phone and get them to send it to you . :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
WozzaTT said:
daztheblue1976 said:
could anybody tell me where they sell genuine audi parts as i am struggling to find anywhere on the net for a new dipstick?
Just go to your nearest Audi dealership or look them up on the net, phone them and tell them what you want.
As Wozza said....

No point in buying stuff like this off ebay, its invariably chinese copied sh*te and you end up paying twice....

You would be surprised at how reasonable a lot of parts are from the dealer.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top