Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to dismantle a desk - but the fittings seem to have defeated me!!

They are circular screw type things which take an allen key - but when I get the key in, I can move it roughly 45 degrees in each direction, but neither way seems to release. I'm guessing there is a metal pin which drops into the circular barrel of these things - but how can I tell when I have the pin free please? If any of this makes the slightest sense - I dunno the right names for these things!!!

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
I've seen things similar to what I think you're describing in flat pack furniture.
Usually turning them anti-clockwise as far as possible puts them in the 'release' position.

Otherwise have a close look at them to see if there is a small arrow or triangular marking and rotate the fixing so the arrow points at the joint.

If all that fails - a 4lb hammer will succeed!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
brittan said:
I've seen things similar to what I think you're describing in flat pack furniture.
Usually turning them anti-clockwise as far as possible puts them in the 'release' position.

Otherwise have a close look at them to see if there is a small arrow or triangular marking and rotate the fixing so the arrow points at the joint.

If all that fails - a 4lb hammer will succeed!
Lol + 1 and they are called cam locks remember when u doing any thing righty tightly lefty loosey .

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohhhh thanks both!!!! Will go hang bat like upside down again and see if I can see any markings.

Most of the blasted things seem to be really well hidden too (now looking for a sobbing smiley) but I DO have a nice large hammer if the worst result is the only one!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
yes, think its a turnlock system, ie turn to lock/unlock then pull apart

then bring out the 40lb hammer 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts