Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i apolagise in advance if this has been askd or discused a million times b4 but am new on here and not the best with computers in general never mind forums haha. any way if anyone can give opinions or advice would much apreciate. im currently looking for a mk1 tt coupe. i had 2 many years ago and still like them. i currantly have a bmw e46 m3 cab witch has cost me no end ov money and giving me problems after problems so its going and i want a tt to replace! im undecided on coloure and wether to get a turbo or v6?? i like the more agresive look of the v6 but is it really any quicker? and wouldnt the turbo be easier to mildley tune ie remap and get better gains? also is there any diffrances in the later model 225 to earlier ones except the 3 bar grill? and any thing to look out for when buying one as i dont want to buy a nother money pit!! haha thanks all sorry bout the spelling and stupid questions

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
The V6 and turbo are very much the same power wise is is how the power is delived that is the difference between them you need to get a drive of each of them and decide for yourself the V6 was also avalable with a DSG box there are not a great deal of manual V6s out there
As for tuning a turbo for a few £100 you can easily get a turbo up to 260 BHP

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
A remapped turbo should be a bit quicker than a V6 as it has more power but is also lighter
A miltek will not add anything to the performance but will sound a lot nicer than the standard exhaust
If you can afford it and do with out the rear seats i would got for a qS TT 240 bhp turbo with all the V6 kit on it 8)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Apart from the 3 bar grille late 2002 models also have lower suspension, an aluminimum gear knob and different coloured headlight inserts (I think!).

Usual stuff to look out for - full service history and when cambelt and water pump were last done on 225, V6 doesn't have a cambelt.

The market is saturated with Mk1s at the moment so hold out for a good 'un as there are a lot that haven't been looked after.

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
WozzaTT said:
Apart from the 3 bar grille late 2002 models also have lower suspension, an aluminimum gear knob and different coloured headlight inserts (I think!).
Only the 225 and V6 had the titanium headlights the 180/150 still had black

1 - 9 of 9 Posts