Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weve recently just bought a 6 months old TTRS and are toying with the idea of an APS remap with the full Milltek exhaust. Weve already purchased (not fitted yet) the cat replacement pipes, and are seriously considering the catback plus remap, but wondered if anyone with an RS has had their car's remapped??

If so, which tuner did you choose, and how would you rate it? :roll:

cheers in advance

Andrew

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
AbyssRS said:
Weve recently just bought a 6 months old TTRS and are toying with the idea of an APS remap with the full Milltek exhaust. Weve already purchased (not fitted yet) the cat replacement pipes, and are seriously considering the catback plus remap, but wondered if anyone with an RS has had their car's remapped??

cheers in advance

Andrew
Good call, im looking at exactly the same mods :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like were in the same boat mate :)

We'll both just have to take the plunge then answer our own threads lol

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
I refuse to pay over the odds for an RS remap.
if they fell to the same level as the other TT remaps i'd have one (ie £500 rather than £1000).

Insurance company im with aren't mod friendly so i'd have to move.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
Kev,
I think the price is relative to the amount of RnD compared with possible sales of a RS map
due to the small amount of them anyways plus how many will actually remap them

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I don't know the situation on here but VW and Skoda actively patrol the most popular forums matching people up with remapped cars so they can operate a warranty blacklist. Be very careful about categorically stating you have a modified car as they may well use it against you. Bear in mind that the last year of your Warranty is dealer funded, so it's in their interest to work out who they can disavow for warranty purposes.

·
Registered
640 Posts
wja96 said:
I don't know the situation on here but VW and Skoda actively patrol the most popular forums matching people up with remapped cars so they can operate a warranty blacklist. Be very careful about categorically stating you have a modified car as they may well use it against you. Bear in mind that the last year of your Warranty is dealer funded, so it's in their interest to work out who they can disavow for warranty purposes.
Unless you post photos of your car's reg how does that work with the amount of Golf's, Polo's etc that are made?

A TTRS may be easier to spot and track, colour, location and the exclusivity factor.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd love to see some evidence of that conspiracy theory!

I struggle to believe VW Group could justify the salaries and costs of a couple of FTE's to spend their time looking at internet posts to attempt to nullify warranty repairs. The return just simply wouldn't be there to warrant it.

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
wja96 said:
:lol:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Would like to do the re-map - but not at the expense of my warranty. I have my warranty extended to 5 years - so a no go for me if it invalidates it! :?

·
Registered
279 Posts
wja96 said:
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/77600/557236.aspx

There is loads more on Briskoda. At least 3 Skoda employees had their memberships terminated and people are very cagey about what they post now.
That proves less than nothing. There are people in that thread questioning the validity of the post on Briskoda (which it doesnt even link to as the post is 4 years old!). At worst the guy in question put somebodies nose out of joint in 2006 and a combination of pictures of a heavily modded, tracked car led to a warranty claim being refused.

As for "warranty prevention teams" trawling the net, this is the internet mate, careful not to tread in the BS when you enter...... :wink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wja96 said:
I own a Vauxhall Astra forum with over 17,000 members, and i know for certain that Vauxhall/Opel employ people just to read forums.

I know of at least 3 people who have had their new car warranties cancelled due to their posts on our site and other Vauxhall forums...

Its something i would like to do, but the costs are prohibitive and as there doesnt seam to be any customer feedback anywhere on the net, it does make me want to wait until someone else takes the plunge :roll:

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
Which astra forum MIG or astra sport, VXR Online???

My warrenty has not been affected and I have a few mods all over the car

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
robokn said:
Which astra forum MIG or astra sport, VXR Online???

My warrenty has not been affected and I have a few mods all over the car
AON.. Astra Owners Network :)

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
in that case, i may have to reconsider my plans, i will talk with my dealership and see what they say. The sportec remap provides a warranty to cover your audi warranty. So if it is the reason for any prioblems they will cover it :?

In addition to this a warranty claim can only be voided if the fault is a result of a modification that you have done

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
AbyssRS said:

cheers in advance

Andrew
I was considering that however will probably not go down that route...car is quick enough, just needs better handling. The real question to ask is..."Why do you think you need a re-map?"

Don't get me wrong, there are some days when I just want to blow some hard earned cash...the TT-RS Roadster purchase was as a result of such days when I was sat in a hotel room in Germany whilst on business...I just wanted to blow some money so I placed an order before the car was released.

Then there are some days when I simply do not want to spend over & above what I 'need'...the MillTek by-pass exhaust purchase was as a result of such days and for £200, I still feel I robbed APS on the product...fantastic buy!

·
Registered
136 Posts
the way i see it,
remapping the car, yes you have warranty etc,
but
a- these tuners know what they are doing
b- often provide their own cover warranty on the product
c- if the remap/chip/tune doesnt leave scarring on the ECU... its pretty pretty impossible to trace.
(ie if you did have a problem id take it back to the tuner to hide what theyve done/remove)

usually, from what ive had in the past from the stealers, is if you mess with the engine, its specific components related to the mods done that are invalidated.

i.e. if you change the exhaust they cant then go after you on the inlet manifold or something ridiculous like that.

i think if the chip/remap doesnt scar you are fine..
remapping is so discreet these days.. from all point of views

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.