Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My views on modding my car are, well if I like it I don't give a feck what others think so end of. However How many take into consideration peer pressure when it comes to mods etc? I never give a second thought to what others may think about my personal taste in mods and I NEVER ask for opinions such as "which do you think looks best" etc. I do wonder sometimes (knowingly or unknowingly) how many do in fact consider peer pressure and don't do a mod or other because of the fear of what others might think. Many know my views on personal taste when it comes to mods but it would appear I am in the minority in that respect :eek: Cue Charlie :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
Did you call sweetie :-* :)

I totally agree with you Les.

I mod my car for me and although I am happy to listen to the opinions of others, I will always go my own way in the end.

You have your utterly repugnant :) light masks and I have put a bra on my car :eek: :eek: so I concede that the pair of us have controversial mods that are not mainsteam popular - do I care? do I heckers like :)

Now that you have black wheels with red rims I feel we are like brothers, actually thinking about it grandad and grandson is probably a more believeable relationship :-* :lol:

You are outspoken on your views and I respect the fact that you don't comply to the views of the masses - even if they are clearly right :lol:

Charlie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charlie said:
Did you call sweetie :-* :)

I totally agree with you Les.

I mod my car for me and although I am happy to listen to the opinions of others, I will always go my own way in the end.

You have your utterly repugnant :) light masks and I have put a bra on my car :eek: :eek: so I concede that the pair of us have controversial mods that are not mainsteam popular - do I care? do I heckers like :)

Now that you have black wheels with red rims I feel we are like brothers, actually thinking about it grandad and grandson is probably a more believeable relationship :-* :lol:

You are outspoken on your views and I respect the fact that you don't comply to the views of the masses - even if they are clearly right :lol:

Charlie
I of course expected nothing less from you Charlie hence the cue. :lol: I do find it a bit sad when people come on here and need to canvas others view on what looks best etc. Take wheels for instance which are probably the most requested for others views. Now I can understand people wanting to have a set of wheels photoshopped onto their car and even see them in the flesh on another car of the same colour but that's it.
BTW Charlie the wheels came with the red line, I had no choice and must admit I wasn't 100% sure but the fact they were a bargain and I had to have new wheels to fit over my big brakes swayed me. Now I have them fitted I quite like the red lines on the wheels but I would never have asked for opinions grandson :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
basky said:
Oh I don't know Les, what do you think ? :lol:
Am not sure myself. Shall we ask others what they think? :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
I mod for what I think looks nice. I like my TTS badges, S style grill, indicator covers and TTS style wing mirrors. Other's dont, but I don't care, I did it coz I think it looks good. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,434 Posts
I mod for me. Don't really care what other people think. Took a lot of ribbing when I put my Lexus style rear lights on, but I like them and that's all that matters. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,096 Posts
phodge said:
I mod for me. Don't really care what other people think. Took a lot of ribbing when I put my Lexus style rear lights on, but I like them and that's all that matters. :lol:
Penny I didn't spot them on Wednesday night, possibly because you reversed in quickly :) I would no doubt have poked fun at you in return for your mucus bag comments :)

Charlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,948 Posts
With me its a bit of a desease I really love modding my cars and try to do as much as possible myself which turns the whole car experience into a hobby as well as a means to get around and do my job and its something I can do at home which means I dont spend too much time far from the kids

As such I'm really into asthetic change but and will do what I like however like in work I accept the views of others and if the arguement is strong am always willing to change my mind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,566 Posts
me me me and me, i mod for me ............... its all about me :lol:

I have lots of ideas and looks in my head which i want and then go for it money dependant, my ideas tend to change regulary ;)

I went crazy on my mx5 and it was to some peoples taste and to other they hated it but i didnt care one bit it was exactly how i wanted her in my head :mrgreen:

Shell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,434 Posts
Charlie said:
phodge said:
I mod for me. Don't really care what other people think. Took a lot of ribbing when I put my Lexus style rear lights on, but I like them and that's all that matters. :lol:
Penny I didn't spot them on Wednesday night, possibly because you reversed in quickly :) I would no doubt have poked fun at you in return for your mucus bag comments :)

Charlie
They're the black ones, so they don't stand out too much. :wink: And I always reverse park, not just to avoid ribbing! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,709 Posts
well for someone who is very wolf in sheeps clothing most of my modifications revolve around handeling / power (to a normal degree).. outside it looks the norm. with the little extra's V6 Spoiler / Valance / LCR Splitter... so must admit i can't really say much... yes there are cars that are not to my taste and more commonly wheels that are not to my taste... but i tend to keep stum about it... obviously if someone seeks or asks for a opinion then thats different...

if we all drove identical modded TTs it wouldnt be fun...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
What's a "mod"?...............never heard of it................something completely new to me. :roll: :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shell said:
me me me and me, i mod for me ............... its all about me :lol:

I have lots of ideas and looks in my head which i want and then go for it money dependant, my ideas tend to change regulary ;)

I went crazy on my mx5 and it was to some peoples taste and to other they hated it but i didnt care one bit it was exactly how i wanted her in my head :mrgreen:

Shell
Harr but have you asked Lee what he thinks before you do a mod :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,566 Posts
les said:
shell said:
me me me and me, i mod for me ............... its all about me :lol:

I have lots of ideas and looks in my head which i want and then go for it money dependant, my ideas tend to change regulary ;)

I went crazy on my mx5 and it was to some peoples taste and to other they hated it but i didnt care one bit it was exactly how i wanted her in my head :mrgreen:

Shell
Harr but have you asked Lee what he thinks before you do a mod :wink:
Hehe!! he normally gives me some idea's then i think about them loads and go from their, he's quite pratical with them which is good as one thing my dad hates me modding cars and thinks i ruin them as Audi spent milliosn on design etc.................. there is so much i would love to do but money stops me, lottery win yes please ;)

:mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,157 Posts
I like to think i am a bit individual, some mods you have to have if you want to achieve a certain look, for instance lowering, 99% of the time you need adjustable tie bars but asthetically i do things that i like, might get ribbed for some and to be fair i do do some stuff as a bit of a laugh like my popular valve caps :p
But if i see something i like, like the lcr splitter, i dont feel bad copying it, im still doing it for me, i think asking for opinions isnt a bad thing but im not neccessarily gonna change my mind one way or the other :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,115 Posts
The tendency for people to come here and ask for opinions on modifications is just normal human nature. I don't think it is so much asking for other people to make a decision on their behalf, but either just showing off something they are proud of, passing on a new idea or a natural human desire for peer approval.

For instance, I posted my Liquid TT installation. I didn't do that because I needed approval for it (for instance, I wouldn't have removed it if it had been slated) - I posted it because it was a new idea and I thought it may interest some.

I'd be surprised if there's much of an element of someone modifying their car in a certain way simply to fit in with the TT in-crowd. After all, is there such a thing as a 'TT in-crowd'? So therefore you'd conclude that most everyone modifys their car for their own benefit. That's not to say there won't be people who just follow the crowd because they neither have the knowledge or creativity to come up with their own ideas, but in defence of those who may be accused of that it also stands to reason that where there is a particularly good modification available then many people will gravitate towards that entirely on its own merits.

So for the most part I think people do what suits them, but they do their research, check out all the options and often listen to good advice - and the result of that is that many of us modify our cars in much the same way.

Except Les, of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
Wak said:
Are you guys picking on SmithTT again? :lol: :lol:
I thought he was selling up? Oh that's right he's keeping it. No he's getting an M3. Sorry he was thinking about a new Mini. Oh no he's keeping the TT now...................or is he? :lol:

There has to be a record for the number of mods fitted in the shortest possible time-frame. I think David is up there.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top