1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It looks very expensive and is a very long way from you.

Looks like it originated from Essex though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Davelincs,

Yes been looking almost hourly at ebay, pistonheads, Audi Approved Used and here and yes your right it is expensive but comes very well specified and with very low mileage. I've spoken to Audi UK and they have no history on the car but as a July 08 register car with 4k on the clock would it have had a service ? I very much doubt a car could get to nearly 2 years old without a single dealer visit......it has also had 2 owners but I'm unsure if thats a good or bad thing.

GraTT58

Your right is very expensive for the year but I could have always offered them something. TBH I'm getting cold feet about it as if it's such a great car and genuine why could it be outside of the dealer network. I'm waiting for motorpoint to come back to me with some answers.

In the mean time, I haven't as of yet found anything with any spec in a colour I like anywhere.

There are a few around but ideally I'd like something with low mileage and no older than a year which makes me choosey I guess.

I am speaking to the dealer in watford about a meteor grey one on an 09 plate which is very nice but again no options other then CD SatNav & Phone prep.

What is Phone prep ?

I guess I'll just have to be patient

Si

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL

The dealer from plymouth just e-mail me back saying this

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your enquiry on the Audi TTS Roadster unfortunately this vehicle was sold for £29999 yesterday

Kind regards

Julie

Now the fishy thing is, I spoke to someone there this morning and they said the car was still available.......Oh welll I'm sure I'm best off out of it

Si

·
Registered
900 Posts
Forgive my ignorance - what is AMI?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smoothie said:
Audi Music Interface.

It's an updated control system for playing music via different pieces of hardware like iPod, USB stick, external hard drive etc etc.

I have been using in my Q7 for the past 3years and if your use an iPod it replicates the ipod interface almost exactly.

Much improved on the standard iPod dock from old

Si

·
Registered
900 Posts
Cheers. The TTS I put a deposit on has the DVD Satnav system so I might ask about the AMI.

Good luck with your search BTW.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Smoothie said:
It might be worth you downloading a TT brochure from the Audi website so you can improve your knowledge of specs and features.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Bigladuk said:
What is Phone prep ?

Si
Phone prep is a Bluetooth module in the car which connects to your mobile phone. Phone prep is standard on all S Line SE models and an option on everything else I think. Once connected to your phone it puts all the phone numbers in your phone directory on the DIS screen (also on the sat nav unit if you have it) you can then scroll through the numbers using the scroll button on the multi function steering wheel, select a number and make a call with a single click on the same button. You can also record voice tags to make calls completely by voice commands. Needless to say you can accept incoming calls completely handsfree too.

Once set up that's it - the connection is made automatically every time you switch on the ignition. It's a very nice feature which works extremely well - I'm pretty impressed with it. You also get to talk to this bint with a sexy voice. I like the way she says "Pardon?" when you make indecent suggestions to her. :p

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Doff said:
A little off topic, but i can't believe the cost differences in different contries. Just click my car and see what i had to pay for it. Sick.
Yeah, but you earn more than us in the UK.

·
Registered
133 Posts
graTT58 said:
Doff said:
A little off topic, but i can't believe the cost differences in different contries. Just click my car and see what i had to pay for it. Sick.
Yeah, but you earn more than us in the UK.
Not even close as much more to defend the price gap...

A brand new TTS coupe S-tronic costs 91295GBP over here...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Si[/quote]

Phone prep is a Bluetooth module in the car which connects to your mobile phone. Phone prep is standard on all S Line SE models and an option on everything else I think. Once connected to your phone it puts all the phone numbers in your phone directory on the DIS screen (also on the sat nav unit if you have it) you can then scroll through the numbers using the scroll button on the multi function steering wheel, select a number and make a call with a single click on the same button. You can also record voice tags to make calls completely by voice commands. Needless to say you can accept incoming calls completely handsfree too.

Once set up that's it - the connection is made automatically every time you switch on the ignition. It's a very nice feature which works extremely well - I'm pretty impressed with it. You also get to talk to this bint with a sexy voice. I like the way she says "Pardon?" when you make indecent suggestions to her. :p[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.