Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will people with relevant experience please answer a few queries about Hill Hold, particularly about its interaction with S tronic?

1. Am I right in thinking that there is no way to switch Hill Hold on or off on a TT; if it is fitted it works all the time?

2. As I understand it, if the TT is facing up hill, engine running, S tronic in Drive, Sport or Manual, held on the foot brake with the handbrake off, then when you take your foot off the footbrake, the Hill Hold maintains pressure in the braking system (at least for a few seconds) and so the car does not roll back. Also because of the maintained pressure in the braking system, the car will not go forwards until the accelerator is pressed. Is that correct.

3. What happens when the TT is on level ground? Obviously it will not roll back but does the Hill Hold still maintain brake pressure so the the car does not creep forward as an S tronic would normally do? Or does the Hill Hold recognise that the car is on the level with no danger of rolling back and therefore allow normal S tronic creeping?

4. What happens when facing down hill.

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Sorry I cannot answer your questions. I have S Tronic but not hill hold.

I too find it irritating that the car creeps forward even with the handbrake applied. I do not like to sit with my foot on the brake. When stopped (e.g. at traffic lights) I slip it into neutral and apply the handbrake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts