Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the process of buying a HID kit, just need to know if i need the kit to be compatible with canbus or if i can get the cheaper kit that does not have this installed?

cheers

ads

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
tt doesnt have canbus! Mk5 and mk6 and roco do but not mk1 tt

·
Registered
84,370 Posts
Bikerz said:
tt doesnt have canbus! Mk5 and mk6 and roco do but not mk1 tt
I think the mk1 from 2002 has can bus my sep 01 roadster has not got it but my 06 qS has

·
Registered
84,370 Posts
Adam Wright said:
mines a 52 plate, if i take a bulb out will it ping up on the dash? it that the idea of the canbus?

tar
If you have the old single button head unit then you will not have can bus if you have the later unit with a pop out button at each end then you should have can bus fitted

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Well, did it work? I'm in the process of buy (another) xenon kit, and don't know if need regular or can-bus xenon kit. It's a 1999 225.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bago47 said:
Well, did it work? I'm in the process of buy (another) xenon kit, and don't know if need regular or can-bus xenon kit. It's a 1999 225.
Out of curiousity....do the TT's have OEM Projectors? Why do people use "Xenons" on non-projector housings? It's extremely dangerous in case you didn't know. I would highly advise against doing that in halogen housings...

BLINDING

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
ornithology said:
Bago47 said:
Out of curiousity....do the TT's have OEM Projectors? Why do people use "Xenons" on non-projector housings? It's extremely dangerous in case you didn't know. I would highly advise against doing that in halogen housings...

BLINDING
Yes, they do.

And I had xenon kit fitted to my car before (but I didn't know that), and now the ballast doesn't work anymore so had to order new xenon kit. Hopefully it will arrive tommorow, will keep you updated (wether non can-bus version was correct choice or not).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.