Audi TT Forum banner

Dog Bone changed - excellent mod

14K views 67 replies 24 participants last post by  t'mill 
#1 ·
Changed the dog bone mount for a Powerflex PFF85-420R Diesel one. I did it as I felt the drivetrain wasnt as slick as it could be and there did feel like there was a small amount of slack. I can happily report that the new mount has made huge improvement to drivetrain feel, gear changes and the overall driving experience just feels tighter and nice. I get no added vibration either which has been a complaint of those opting for the non-diesel mount.
Overall I am extremely pleased with the results for the £18 outlay. If you havent done this mod I would suggest you do.

#4 ·
I find quick upshifts are far easier when pressing on now. Checking the old bushes there was some wear so I am glad I did it. Its also a good chance to check that your sump has been off at some point which mine has been. Just need to sort the ABS issue now and I will be far happier...

#6 ·
Yep great mod I went for the VF engineering dog bone even stiffer but once ran in I had no vibration

#10 ·
#14 ·
Got them on order from my dealers now it's only a few miles down the road
I can make a slight detour on my way to town it's not a problem
For the sum of £4.34 in total :p
Breakdown is

VN 102 683 04 bolt x 2 = 0.58 each
VN 905 970 05 bolt x 1 = 1.08 each
VN 102 466 11 bolt x 1 = 1.38 each

So in this case the stealers price is ok :wink:

With the red tdi bushes ordered from here it mentions Audi tt 225 in the listing so they are the correct ones :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160778477248

The total with the bolts and the dogbone bushes is around the £25 mark so it almost qualifies as a cheap mod :p
If you go for the harder yellow bushes it's slightly cheaper I think 8)

I will do my ushally photo heavy post of the fitting when all the bits have arrived :p

On my other main post and here [smiley=gossip.gif] :roll:

#17 ·
Normal rubber deteriorates and goes a squidgy after time however polyurethane does not its molecular structure remains constant for much longer so it's more durable for suspension parts and bushes and it's firmer too that's the point to stop the engine moving about so much

#19 ·
That's very similar to what I was finding. After driving a friends TT it was clear something was up so I tried the dog bone mount and hey presto every change is better and the whole drive train feels tighter. Well worth the small outlay.

#20 ·
Having tried both yellow petrol and red diesel powerflex versions the red one is best in my opinion as its just as solid, giving the impression of better throttle response and smoother gear changes but without the annoying vibration. There was a vid on youtube showing the dogbone movement comparison of the different types when fitted, emphasising the OEM one is very slack in comparison with the powerflex.

#24 ·
#25 ·
#26 ·
Sorry for bad english! What I meant was £20 for the cost of new small bush which most people dont change. which would mean if replacing all bushes on the dogbone would come to approx £40 as opposed to all new bone for £70 inc new bolts. :D
Awesome told me dont bother with small bush unless the existing one is damaged .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.