Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my pump is on its way out. I was thinking of replacing it with a Grundfos Alpha Pro 15-60.
Has anyone had any experience of/with these pumps.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
er stupid answer coming up........ big/small/dunno :?
Chose that one for the 6m head. The pump I have now is suitable for a 6m head. I think the pro comes in only 2 models, 5 or 6m head capability.
The house is a new build, decent sized 4/5 bedroom. The system is an open vented fully pumped system fitted with a combined feed and vent.
The boiler is crap and parts of the circuit lose flow when hot water is called for.
You think it extreme/pump a bit OTT?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
might be a bit over the top a normal grundfos pump should be fine! what is fitted at them minute? also what boiler is it? how have you come to the decision it is on its way out?

·
Registered
675 Posts
redsi,
I promise not to hijack your thread, but can anyone tell me the normal position of a 'diverter valve' in a domestic system?

My hot water setting is suddenly heating my rads too! :?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Major Problem said:
redsi,
I promise not to hijack your thread, but can anyone tell me the normal position of a 'diverter valve' in a domestic system?

My hot water setting is suddenly heating my rads too! :?
after the pump, either you 3 port valve is letting by (y plan system) or one of your zone valves are letting by (s plan system) either way they will need to be replaced!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
redsi72 said:
Hi,
my pump is on its way out. I was thinking of replacing it with a Grundfos Alpha Pro 15-60.
Has anyone had any experience of/with these pumps.

Thanks in advance,

Simon
We have one of the 15-60 pumps for our system.Fairly large house but there are 3 flow settings on the pump so you can alter the flow rate from low-med-high.So should be ok for 4-5 bed house set at medium...but if you boiler is knackered then most new boilers have integrated pumps.hope this has helped some?

·
Registered
675 Posts
alibTTman said:
after the pump, either you 3 port valve is letting by (y plan system) or one of your zone valves are letting by (s plan system) either way they will need to be replaced!!!
Wow, that might just be my answer. I've tried a heating/hot water test and can't get the A-B indicator to move, so either it's lost its power supply or I've got a dead 3-port? Thanks for your help. :)

redsi, you have a couple of pm's - cheers Mate! :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Major Problem said:
alibTTman said:
Wow, that might just be my answer. I've tried a heating/hot water test and can't get the A-B indicator to move, so either it's lost its power supply or I've got a dead 3-port? Thanks for your help. :)

redsi, you have a couple of pm's - cheers Mate! :)
take a pic of valve and post it up i may be able to help you with a simple solution!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.