Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've trawled through reams of excellent posts about the stupid door micro-switches (and am trying to get mine fixed, with two steps forward and one back - latest is that my torx set only goes up to the size below the lock bolts!!) ..... but anyway, as well as the usual switch faults, my alarm is stuck on. The LEDs flash continuously and the hazards flash (until I took the fuse out, but they still click!).

Until such times as I get the switch fixed then maybe get a chance to look into the alarm problem, is there any way to switch off / disable the alarm .... like PERMANENTLY ? :evil:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if I was unclear, but I meant the alarm system - I have already disconnected the siren.

The actual problem at the moment is that, although I have pulled the hazard lights fuse to stop the hazards flashing as part of the alarm warning, their control box is still clicking away and I therefore can't use the indicators normally (for 4 minutes every time I start the car at least) - the alarm interferes with the indicators.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An update ..... I've solved the problem.

See my post elsewhere about installing a temporary toggle switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.