Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to do my double brake light mod, from what I've read on other posts you need some sort of clips? Where can I get these from? Or can anyone point me in the right direction for them at all?
I've read Wak's guide.... But says you need the clips.....

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I used some copper contacts from an old light fitting and some tinsnips to shape them, here is a link to a post by a member who has done the same thing:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278682&p=2308318&hilit=double+brake+light#p2308318

If you look at the back of the light unit, it's fairly straightforward to work out what needs to be done, one of the twin filament bulbs only has a contact for the 5w sidelight in the holder what you have to do is make a connection for the 21w filament.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steveupton said:
I used some copper contacts from an old light fitting and some tinsnips to shape them, here is a link to a post by a member who has done the same thing:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278682&p=2308318&hilit=double+brake+light#p2308318

If you look at the back of the light unit, it's fairly straightforward to work out what needs to be done, one of the twin filament bulbs only has a contact for the 5w sidelight in the holder what you have to do is make a connection for the 21w filament.
Thanks for that mate, that's just the guide I need :) it looks easy enough too.

·
Registered
83,936 Posts
You can get the fittings from an old Golf mk2 rear light bulb holder

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Hi Folks,

I know this is an old post but a few minutes ago I had to move my car and on the dash appeared the warning light for Brake Light Failure.

However, when I checked the passenger side brake light works perfectly and so does the strip light.

Is it possible that the previous owner did this double brake light mod and the bulb on the passanger side has blown and triggered the warning light to appear? It's raining now so I can't physically open and inspect the cluster...

Cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts