Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,711 Posts
Ladies & gentlemen,

I've recently had a new exhaust fitted to my 225 coupe in the style of a system Pipewerx in Manchester do. However it is deafeningly loud. I would really love it if someone nearish Reigate, or Egham, with a twin-backbox Pipewerx exhaust would give me a ride in their coupe, so I can compare the noise levels. Guess a roadster would do but, ideally, a coupe.

Like this:

25102010976.jpg2.jpg

PM me if you're able to help. :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,013 Posts
Mondo said:
Ladies & gentlemen,

I've recently had a new exhaust fitted to my 225 coupe in the style of a system Pipewerx in Manchester do. However it is deafeningly loud.
ALLLOOO WHAT DID YOU SAY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,767 Posts
Mondo said:
There's no doubt about that, Rich, but a peak of 102dB is jackhammer loud. :?
Whats worse is you will struggle to get on at alot of track days. For reference my milltek was measured at 87db. at 4.5k rpm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,013 Posts
Rich196 said:
Mondo said:
There's no doubt about that, Rich, but a peak of 102dB is jackhammer loud. :?
Whats worse is you will struggle to get on at alot of track days. For reference my milltek was measured at 87db. at 4.5k rpm
thats measured at the tail pipe.... Mondo's talking inside the car! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,767 Posts
Wak said:
Rich196 said:
Mondo said:
There's no doubt about that, Rich, but a peak of 102dB is jackhammer loud. :?
Whats worse is you will struggle to get on at alot of track days. For reference my milltek was measured at 87db. at 4.5k rpm
thats measured at the tail pipe.... Mondo's talking inside the car! :eek:
I know!!! Did it come with ear defenders as part of the price!!! Doesnt sound like it has any silencers but I can see two at the rear so it must haha.

Whats the difference between Mondo's system and one of their normal ones?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Neil, he just doesn't listen to you. :wink:

Yeah, it's loud. It's a beautiful sound, especially on trailing throttle at low revs - a few pops/gurgles/etc - but giving it beans, or even firm acceleration, is physically painful. Have some ideas on solutions and will talk them thru with TSR, so hopefully all will be right in a coupla weeks.

But could really do with a comparison ride/listen in a Pipewerx system. :?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top