Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question, but my TT doesn't have a drivers side cubby hole/ storage box. In my MK1 TT there was a useful place under the steering wheel in front of the fuses to put sunglasses or similar small items, but on my MK2 TT RS Plus it is not there. Can it be retro fitted or is there a larger fuse box that prevents it being there in the MK2 please?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
There is no such thing for the Mk2 TT. You are left with the door pocket only or the under seat storage bins if the original owner specified the option.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks tttony
that's a little annoying, but great to know.
Love the name / handle by the way 😁👍

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,100 Posts
Probably due to the MK2 having a lot more electronics in that area, I don't think there would be much room for a storage tray there unfortunately

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
There is no such thing for the Mk2 TT. You are left with the door pocket only or the under seat storage bins if the original owner specified the option.
Under seat bins? Can they be retrofitted?
Jez

Reactions: twofourten

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Yes they can but it's a bit involved. Each bin unit has four parts plus fixings and the left and right bins are different. They are/were available in various colours to match the seat colour options. The storage volume provided by the bins is pretty small and most people who have looked into retro fitting them have decided that the cost is not worth. I've not actually seen bins in a car but they have been described as being OK for sunglasses but little else.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
11,812 Posts
@ Jezzie - You can read about the under seat storage bins in Workshop Manual General Body Repairs, Interior - RG 68 69 70 72 74 - D3E80079BA4 starting on page 295 which you can find here. I have them under both seats, and they're better than nothing, especially in a Roadster given how little storage there is anyway. But as tttony stated, they don't hold much.
Font Line Parallel Rectangle Auto part

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Thanks @tttony and @SwissJetPilot - had no idea they were even an option, especially considering how little space there is there. But as you say, rather a lot of effort for limited benefit.
Cheers
Jez

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks @tttony and @SwissJetPilot - had no idea they were even an option, especially considering how little space there is there. But as you say, rather a lot of effort for limited benefit.
Cheers
Jez
Unfortunately, just about everything is an optional extra with Audi. Surprised they don't specify the optional round wheels instead of the basic square ones.
:)

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
@ Jezzie - They were part of the storage package option -

Storage Package with load-through: The Storage Package adds a number of convenient features to the TT interior, including compartments under the driver’s and front passenger’s seats, a net in the front passenger’s foot well, nets on the back of the driver’s and front passenger’s seats and load-securing net in the luggage compartment. The Roadster also includes a load-through facility with ski bag and storage bins located in the back plastic bulkhead cover located above the rear speakers.

But shop around, I found this used one for $40 (USD) on eBay, so you could get a complete pair for less than $100. They're available in different colors to match the interior color.
Camera accessory Rectangle Font Luggage and bags Musical instrument accessory

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
@ MarksBlackTT - Yeah, true! I heard some dealerships were even offering free air for the tires. But you had to ask.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,100 Posts
I fitted the storage at the same time I fitted electric seats, as the donor seats had them. They are small but good for sunglasses and smallish things. In a car with little storage, it's a good spot to hide things out of sight

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
@ Jezzie - They were part of the storage package option -

Storage Package with load-through: The Storage Package adds a number of convenient features to the TT interior, including compartments under the driver’s and front passenger’s seats, a net in the front passenger’s foot well, nets on the back of the driver’s and front passenger’s seats and load-securing net in the luggage compartment. The Roadster also includes a load-through facility with ski bag and storage bins located in the back plastic bulkhead cover located above the rear speakers.

But shop around, I found this used one for $40 (USD) on eBay, so you could get a complete pair for less than $100. They're available in different colors to match the interior color.
I suppose the seats have to come out to fit them?

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,100 Posts
You could unbolt the seat and tilt it back to access the screws

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
You could unbolt the seat and tilt it back to access the screws
Thanks - I’ll keep an eye open for 1 or 2…

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your help everyone, really informative and useful. Yes, the under seat storage sounds good, but also agreed that that's a lot of money, time and effort for the space provided. I'll just use the rear seats or the boot...

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,100 Posts
Can just about see it fitted here, from underneath

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
My wife has them in her Golf, if they are of similar size I really wouldn't bother unless you can pick up very cheaply secondhand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts