·
Registered
2,979 Posts
You mean proper DRL headlights?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hi tt8
The post above for strip DRL's to be fitted to a MK2, from your garage looks like you own a MK1 unless you have not updated your details [smiley=gossip.gif]

Jamo

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
crossj said:
Then the post would be in the wrong forum! :eek:
I think so :lol:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi tt8

These are mine fitted cost me £10 off eBay not oem but for £10 not to bad
Also took about two hours to fit .

I think for the price well worth doing also no fault lights on the dash

If you want any more info please let me know

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
tt8 said:
Jamo8 said:
crossj said:
Then the post would be in the wrong forum! :eek:
I think so :lol:
nope posted on behalf of :D my wife who has a mk2
Well said that man. I have the utmost respect for anyone that owns a 2003 Mark 1 3.2 V6!! :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Spaceman10 - this is what I've got. Have you had an MOT with these in?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi mcmoody

Ho not yet I got it in September so will see if it passes then if it don't I put side light back in then change it back
I really like the look of it hit of blue in them as well .
Don't think I could go back to full time 1 bulb side light .

How are yours have you had any problems with them .

Phil :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Serious question, what is the fascination with DRL fairy lights, if it is for safety then fair enough,however I am not sure that is always the case. You the driver can't see them when driving so why are so many so keen to have them. A lot of Chavs now have them and to me they seem very common and make the TT look a bit cheap. Everyone to their own of course.

·
Registered
356 Posts
newt said:
Serious question, what is the fascination with DRL fairy lights, if it is for safety then fair enough,however I am not sure that is always the case. You the driver can't see them when driving so why are so many so keen to have them. A lot of Chavs now have them and to me they seem very common and make the TT look a bit cheap. Everyone to their own of course.
indeed, but still, u needed to post that crap? everyone to their own of course

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi well for me I think it just gives a updated look and I did not think the oem were that good
They always looked yellow to me.
Also so for the price of £10 it a nice cheap mod but as you have said every one to their own

·
Registered
356 Posts
Spaceman10 said:
Hi well for me I think it just gives a updated look and I did not think the oem were that good
They always looked yellow to me.
Also so for the price of £10 it a nice cheap mod but as you have said every one to their own
I agree, an updated look for a few quid, and as all 2012 cars will legally have DRL's whether you like them or not (and as an oncoming driver you WILL have to look at them) no matter what street riced, tracksuit boi car it is.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
newt said:
I like the look, I have to be honest. Audi's LEDs are VERY bright and very expensive. The only aftermarket ones I'm aware of that are a similar light output are by HELLA and they are £300 fitted for 4 LEDs in a strip either side of the car. As for not being able to see them, I can't see my mirror-polished bodywork either, but I know it's there!

I think Audi's designers have done a pretty good job with the use of the DRLs to rapidly differentiate between models and specifications. That's important because otherwise I'm starting to have difficulty telling them apart as they drive towards me. The new CCFL DRLs on the A4/A6/A7/A8 have moved the game on again, just when the others were starting to catch up.

And yes, people do have a nasty tendency to fit things that aren't quite as good to their vehicles, but it's their car, their time and their money. Life is too short to argue over what looks chavvy. If you don't like it, better to move on and keep your opinions to yourself.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
There's no denying the OEM DRLs on the TT are exceptionally bright and the whole idea is to be seen by other vehicles so they can only be a good thing, quite apart from the fact that they are a requirement now on all new vehicles anyway. I quite like the look of the fairy light DRLs, but they're a passing fashion trend, and new versions of DRLs are already being seen - no doubt that will be an ongoing trend with new vehicles, but the main thing is that they hugely increase your visibility to other road users so can only be a big safety benefit regardless of what form they take.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts