Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will no doubt seem a stupid question, but what exactly are the benefits of Dropbox?

Added a Galaxy SIII to my gadget stable last week & it's pre-loaded on that. Had a look around & saw the app exists on iTunes App Store so have put it on my iPhone 4 & iPad 3 & thus all mobile devices now have it, however i'm struggling to see any benefit other than a tad more automation around photo sharing (which i don't really do). Never been a fan of sharing my photos as most are personal to me/my family & thus i don't want them in the public domain.

The only functionality i can really see is the ability to sudo send a photo to multiple recipients by uploading to dropbox & then giving the link to friends so they can download said photo/s.

Is it the same as Instagram?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
We use dropbox just for sharing large files with clients, printers etc, however I do know some people use it for photos, but I don't think that is its main purpose.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
think of it as a huge storage place 'in the sky' for you to use

You can access all files you put there globally because they are not on your pc or iphone but you can access from any pc etc etc
and allow friends to go to your dropbox and pick up a file or picture or music.

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
Paul - If you click this referral link http://db.tt/bwS1vNX then we both get an etra 500Mb. :wink:

I use it so that files I need access to at home, work, mobile etc are always available and it's very simple and free.

There's a lot of other Cloud based companies doing similar but it still works fine for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.