Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new pair of drop links as I have changed my top mounts and still get a knocking over bumps, my question to anyone who may know is, is there any reason to get the better quality ones?

I don't want to scrimp if the quality makes a difference, but equally I don't want to wast my money?

On GSF they do premium quality ones for £22 each and standard quality for about half that, but they don't have both sides of the premium in stock, so I looked on euro parts and they have "Lemforder droplinks" for £30 each side???

thanks for any advice?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
im changing mine in the next couple of days, i brought them from Euro car parts, make sure you use the TTF discount code then you get 25% off. then they are pretty good value compared with other motor factors

when you change them you need a 18mm (i think) scoket and a spanner think this is 17mm which stops it turning.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
There is no reason to get aftermarket droplinks. OEM are high quality. Aftermarket (even adjustable) provide no improvements. Recall, while the top is fixed to the strut, the bottom is connected to the ARB...and the ARB pivots.

But, they are different and many believe different is better. But in this case, not so much.

cheers.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
matty fitz said:
you only need shortened droplinks if you lowering you car alot as this brings the arb up and reduces it from hitting the driveshaft
Ta for the advice but this quote makes me wonder if I should have shortened links??? I have kw2's at the lowest setting?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kazinak said:
most coilies comes whit the shorter drop links ,
Good info ta, I will measure mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Garth said:
If you don't need shorter ones, my money would go on the lemforder ones. That's what I bought and they are as good, if not better than OEM (they are often used as an OEM supplier). With our forum 25% discount at ecp, they're good value too.
Thank you great info, Ill go this way ta ;)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Stub said:
Garth said:
If you don't need shorter ones, my money would go on the lemforder ones. That's what I bought and they are as good, if not better than OEM (they are often used as an OEM supplier). With our forum 25% discount at ecp, they're good value too.
dont be suprised if you change the droplinks at the noise is still there as i have a similar problem to a tinny rattle when going over bumps and today had the droplinks fited and still have the horrid noise, mines going in next week to audi to be fully checked out to find this problem! [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
staners1 said:
Stub said:
Garth said:
dont be suprised if you change the droplinks at the noise is still there as i have a similar problem to a tinny rattle when going over bumps and today had the droplinks fited and still have the horrid noise, mines going in next week to audi to be fully checked out to find this problem! [smiley=bigcry.gif]
ta for the info, I do suspect mine will be the same as the links I have taken off seem fine, I just cant think what it will be?

Please let me know what they find?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Adam-tt said:
you can upgrade the bushes but for me its quicker and easier just to replace the whole thing :)
I would replace the whole wishbones if mine are bad but I have defcon and they are in the wishbones aren't they?
(I know I should know :oops: )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.