Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped at a zebra crossing went to pull off an the car seemed to really rev high but not really move. Any ideas what this could be
Car has 60k on it
I've been reading other people with similar issue saying coil packs. Can't see how these are related though ....... :?
 

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
Joined
·
95,355 Posts
Hi Paul, Unlikely to be coil pack probs, more likely the start of DSG mechtronics probs. If still under warranty, get it checked.
Hoggy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Paul, Unlikely to be coil pack probs, more likely the start of DSG mechtronics probs. If still under warranty, get it checked.
Hoggy. :D
When u say warranty do you with the dealer I just got it from or do Audi cover this. It's an 05 model

An what's this dsg mechtronics ???? This is all new to me. Init a lot to fix. Or isit somit that can just plug in to the vag com an it's sorted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,514 Posts
Pauldaymk2tt said:
Just stopped at a zebra crossing went to pull off an the car seemed to really rev high but not really move. Any ideas what this could be
Car has 60k on it
I've been reading other people with similar issue saying coil packs. Can't see how these are related though ....... :?
Could be DSG as said above.
Did you get the gear selection display in the pod flash? - Restarting the car usually cures that initial fault if its transient.
You can get a delay sometimes as the clutches engage slowly but that again is transient - ( euphemistically called "the delay of death")

if you haven't got VCDS then post up your location and maybe a TTF member nearby can scan your car for you.

The mechatronic unit is the electronic/valve assembly inside the DSG housing that controls the gear box. It can be repaired rather than replaced as Gogs ( Gordon) knows. But first things first. Lets see some scan codes..

BTW its important that the DSG box oil and filter are replaced as per schedule. As the oil helps cool the box and thus mechatronic unit.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,638 Posts
Unlikely Audi will sort it foc, Hoggy means with the garage you purchased it from, it may not be the mechatronic unit but you won't know until you get You scanned or checked over, I had a problem with the mechatronic unit earlier this year, it can be repaired, if you try a search on mechatronic unit you should get a few posts up
 

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
Joined
·
95,355 Posts
Hi Paul, It depends what sort of warranty you had from garage/dealer, but get it checked out asap, could be expensive. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Hoggy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
Try oil change and filter first....then I regret look at the mechantronic...codes will tell all...look for solenoid errors...lots of DSG posts on here....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Could it be a faulty brake pedal switch fooling the DSG into thinking brakes are still on and cutting power?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,106 Posts
Clutch slip could be..
dirty oil in gearbox maybe, 40k max but better to change more frequently, i change at 10k.
Faulty brake switch.
Clutch pack on the way out.
Mechatronic issue.

I would work on the basis that the car had a hissy fit and threw a wobbly. Disconnect battery for a few minutes..after you have checked you have the radio code available..reconnect and enjoy.

A full VAGCOM scan would be a good idea, but just drive it normally and see what happens.
Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
There are incidents when I have had similar. Years on it's still ok 'touch wood' :roll: The scenerio mentioned could be ideal. If I come to a stop fairly quickly and then decided to go pretty much straight away then the box hasn't always got into 1st. If you press the accelerator it will rev. DSG has built in delays for safety and when you know how the box works you can drive around these. As menioned, the delay of death is one of them.

See how it goes before going down the route of Audi etc. A VCDS scan for fault codes will suffice for now and follow the advise of oil and filter change if not already done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
All many thanks for your suggestions, DSG all fixed via me purchasing VCDS-lite licence and performing a full adaptation of DSG.

After a long test drive no faults and vv importantly it now takes of from a standstill like a rocket with ESP kicking in ....roll on traffic light GPs... :p

I am based in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area so happy to help out with faults now I have a licenced copy of VCDS-lite, just PM me.

TT now has 60k on it now do I go ahead and get Audi to change DSG oil and filter at what would be a 20k interval or leave well alone and stick to 40k change as recommended, what's your thoughts?

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,514 Posts
geordiesherman said:
All many thanks for your suggestions, DSG all fixed via me purchasing VCDS-lite licence and performing a full adaptation of DSG.

After a long test drive no faults and vv importantly it now takes of from a standstill like a rocket with ESP kicking in ....roll on traffic light GPs... :p

I am based in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area so happy to help out with faults now I have a licenced copy of VCDS-lite, just PM me.

TT now has 60k on it now do I go ahead and get Audi to change DSG oil and filter at what would be a 20k interval or leave well alone and stick to 40k change as recommended, what's your thoughts?

Cheers
Umm haven't I just seen this reply posted in another thread mate - or am I loosing the plot! [smiley=rolleyes5.gif]

Brian
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top