Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've had my TT now for a couple of months and I love it. I've done a few mods to her and will keep adding bits as I can afford it. My question is that the car sounds like its dumping air early or a whooshing noise and I've had all hoses off to check for leaks/ damage and found one that was loose. Could this whooshing sound which I can hear more when windows closed and stereo off be coming from actuator/ wastegate? It sounds like its coming from right behind dash. Anyone had a similar problem?
It still feels quick but I'm sure it's loosing boost from somewhere. I've checked my DV and replaced it with original one to see but I'm still getting same problem. It's not been pressure tested but I've visually checked all plumbing. The car hase a stage 1 remap and forge DV.
Any advice appreciated....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
When does it start dumping? Make the noise, once you lift off the gas?

You will hear two quite distinctive sounds windows up and down. You hear the noise sooner when windows are closed. Try and post a video up if possible.

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've no boost gauge yet either. The car feels like its loosing boost from around 2500 rpm upwards when I hear it.. It's just when foot to the floor when accelerating in each gear! It's like turbo spooling up but like its loosing power/boost. If I accelerate flat out in each gear I don't notice it at high rpms. It dumps air when lifting off as normal. When I bought the car it never made the noise but car had been lying a while but is a genuine clean 63,000 miler with full service history and timing belt and water pump was done by main dealer and they gave me a health check and said everything was fine. I've been modding it so with increased boost with remap something is a miss. I'm thinking I'll replace boost hoses etc with some shiny samco or forge ones just so I'll know there is no leaks with them plus it will look better under the bonnet...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If it is standard tip and standard air box, then it may not be sucking in enough air or another commen problem is the tip collapsing.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Roccomax said:
Never thought it might not be getting enough air? I'll try that next week as any excuse for more go faster bits.... :wink:
Wak box/mondo box/mikbox!!! All will be sufficient! But personally the OEM tip is not good enough for remapped car. Either forge or samco are good, if you are after real performance then SFS, badger5 or Creations 3' TIP is the way forward!! With a decent cone filter!

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
May find the hose from the rocker cover down to the TIP is ripped. seen a few of stock tips rip in this location. it may be your problem.

depending on where you are a few of us have boost leak testers where you charge the system with air and listen for hisses at joints. I have one of these (NW) may be worth asking as people do with vagcom.

also if you haven't changed your DV, the standard ones rip, so it may be that.. usually DV is recommended by any decent mapper (as most aftermarkets are pistons so don't have the ability to rip) so probably been done..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.