Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my forge dv007p on over 15 months, how often should i service/clean it? and can it be serviced whilst still on the car ie unscrewing the top and then removing the inner O rings and what ever else is inside to clean?
Are there any horrors i should watch out for?
cheers

richard

·
Registered
84,380 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Why service it on the car though it only takes 2 mins to remove???

You risk dropping something and losing it [smiley=bigcry.gif]

For the sake of undoing 3 jubilee clips you might as well take it off and do it :wink:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Fatrich said:
Just cleaned the DV007 and it was quite dirty, ill see if it makes any difference to my recent problem

thanks

richard
What problem was that?

I'm getting a jump when coming off the gas, this was happening last time my DV needed servicing the piston must be sticking better get the lube out! :p

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sickboy said:
Fatrich said:
Just cleaned the DV007 and it was quite dirty, ill see if it makes any difference to my recent problem

thanks

richard
What problem was that?

I'm getting a jump when coming off the gas, this was happening last time my DV needed servicing the piston must be sticking better get the lube out! :p
Ooh I am getting that a bit too, but mine is only a few months old :-( I have heard of them sticking - but also because they are not a diaphragm design like the original their operation is less gradual.

Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.