Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says .......how much should I be looking at for a set of 4 eibachs?

cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
ttshop are selling them fitted for £250 including proper 4 wheel realignment !

·
Registered
303 Posts
including alignment, are you sure!?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
i thought allignment was about 40 quid on its own
i think i need new shocks aswell
then budget for tiebars
would be an expensive upgrade at the mo

as id like to get all suspension mods done at the sametime
shocks
springs
tiebars(if needed)
ARB's
defcon
then allignment

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
You will not need t/bars for a lowering adjustment of that amount , i think if you go past 30mm then they will be an issue , 20mm or 25mm is no problem . TT shop done mine for £250.00 does make a big difference for pre 2002 models, mine a 2001 and sits a lot better and closes the arch a little espesh with bigger wheels , also told to keep an eye on the tyres for a couple of weeks and let the springs settle B4 you decide about 4 wheel alignment. mine have been fine. Done over a year ago , just taken my wheels off as got new ones,they haver even wear on all 4 tyres so alignment was not an issue in my case ... You are going to get peeps say this and say that , its what you are happy with mate , if you think you need to get it done then go for it , but like i said , let the new springs settle in first then see.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
rob40 said:
20mm or 25mm is no problem .
Please be careful what advice you give mate as you are basing this on your car. Some ppl on here have lowered 25mm and not got tie bars many have needed tie bars including me, my camber was way out and as the springs settled it got worse! Theres not set rules depends on the car.

As for the fitting yes it was inc allignment they also fitted tie bars for £50 a month or so later and did allignment.

This was part of other bits I was having done so maybe that made it a bit cheaper. Give ED a call see what he can do for you.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Hark said:
rob40 said:
20mm or 25mm is no problem .
Please be careful what advice you give mate as you are basing this on your car. Some ppl on here have lowered 25mm and not got tie bars many have needed tie bars including me, my camber was way out and as the springs settled it got worse! Theres not set rules depends on the car.

As for the fitting yes it was inc allignment they also fitted tie bars for £50 a month or so later and did allignment.

This was part of other bits I was having done so maybe that made it a bit cheaper. Give ED a call see what he can do for you.
Hark , i am going by mine and a lot of others on here , when i got mine done , the bars and alignment was an issue in my mind as you hear all the horror stories of tie bars snapping because of too much camber and so on , all i am saying is what others told me and turned out to be correct in my case ,So like i said , let things settle then see, but if you are worried about this then spend the extra and get those bits done but not always needed, but just another mod that you dont realy need and just piece of mind . Was not quoting any set rules , just giving my opinion based on my experience of having the car lowered :-*

·
Registered
333 Posts
i needed tie bars, as Rob said i dont think there is really a science to this, ilowered 25MM with Eibach's and the camber was way out, i had to fork out 199 for tie bars and now it's sweet!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.