Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, had a bit of a electrical issue this morning, pressed the rear heated screen switch to clear the window (this is the first time ive used the de-mist since buying the car ) and the aircon control unit stopped working and went off.I've checked the fuse's and all are ok.if anybody has any idea's i would be most greatful.
many thanks rich

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,355 Posts
Hi Rich, Have you checked fuses 25 & 26 & also fuse for interior relays on top of battery.

Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Hoggy said:
Hi Rich, Have you checked fuses 25 & 26 & also fuse for interior relays on top of battery.

have to be honest i think the design of these fuses and the location is very poor and flipping dangerous if left unattended and uncovered.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoggy said:

Hi hoggy thanks for the quick reply,yes ive had a quick visual check of all the fuse's you mention and thay all look ok.
Do you think it could be a faulty switch or maybe a loose wire some where?
cheers rich

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,355 Posts
Hi Knibbs, Could be, but would be abit of a coincedance to be switch/wire fault, if heated rear window & air con fail at same time as using rear window heater.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Knibbs, Could be, but would be abit of a coincedance to be switch/wire fault, if heated rear window & air con fail at same time as using rear window heater.
Hi hoggy, i was thinking the samething, i just find it abit strange that as soon as i pressed the heated rear screen switch the aircon stopped and went off.
i,ll investigate some more tomorrow and report any findings.
cheers rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,
after 4 hours of pulling the dash apart (much to 'The Mrs' annoyance,as i'm on the sick with a broken Ribs) trying to find the problem,i found nothing!!!! [smiley=bigcry.gif]
I thought i'd give google another try,and found a post by a forum member Peter-SS from 2010!,who had a similar issue but with the wing mirror control shorting.
He suggested changing fuse no5 which solved his problem and i'm relieved to say .......and mine!!!! :D
Note to self........always check 'EVERY' fuse before pulling anything apart :oops:

Many thanks Rich

·
Administrator
95,355 Posts
Hi Rich, Pleased its fixed, strange one, as fuse 5 appears to have no relationship to the fault.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Rich, Pleased its fixed, strange one, as fuse 5 appears to have no relationship to the fault.
Hi hoggy, yes very strange thats why i did,nt check it,that fuse affected the turbo after run pump,the climate control and allso the electric wing mirrows, all had stopped working at the same time , until i replaced fuse. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts