Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After popular demand the Elstree meet is back this year Fri 20th June at 7:00pm. We had lots of fun last year and that's what happened.

https://flic.kr/p/806458973 https://flic.kr/p/807330858 https://flic.kr/p/807300416
So this year we have the same scenario, plus a TTS from Audi Whetstone for all of us to see and touch..... :p

Hog Lane
Elstree
Borehamwood
Herts
WD6 3AR

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... newmap.srf

Our cars will be parked on the Aerodrome car park overolooking the parked planes and 10 meters from the Turkish Restaurant/cafe that serves the Aerodrome. The restaurant will open specifically for us and it has already been pre-booked. The car park is perfect for photos and since it has enough space to accomodate 15 cars in a row so we can take nice pics with parked planes, countryside and sunset in the background as you can see in the pics. Car park has a total capacity of about 30-40 cars.
Food will be meze style, which means we will have lots of mediteranean food on a large table and each one will grab whatever he/she wants. We will have a 10% discount on the total bill. People found the bill very cheap last year and the food very nice. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we will be able to eat outside this year as well.

Location wise i think it s small compromise from the Bucks and North London people as it is in the middle and very close to the A41, M1 and M25. Essex people might find it easy to come as well. The roads around the aerodrome are usually empty and perfect for test drives if you need to. No, the runway will not be at our disposal.....

Arriving instructions PLEASE READ (as one of you got it wrong last year and thought that the new mod was wings)

As the entrance to the the aerodrome is not so simple please read my guide. Most of you will come through the A41. The turn to the road leading to the aerodrome is not so clearly signposted. It writes Elstree Aerodrome and Bioproducts Lab or something like that. Follow this narrow road pass the Aldenham park and then brake as the road continues to the right on a swipping right corner BUT YOU HAVE TO GO LEFT in the middle of the corner. There is a sign but its small. Follow this even narrower road and honk on the tight left hairpin thats coming up since its completely blind and there are cars coming on both directions. Road gets even narrower and you will see a gate on the right hand side. DO NOT ENTER there cause thats the entrance to the runwway and you will find your self face to face with the planes. Continue straight and you will see that road ends on a small gate. ENTER there slowly and pass the helicopter hanger to your right and then park on the right hand side and next to the wired fence. Hope that helps.

slineTT
phodge
NaughTTy
markTT225
ttvic
ianttr
kevtoTT
gloveywoo
SimonQS
GEM
R6B TT
CamV6
Adam TTR
amzchhabra
thebears

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
Not the best date to pick as this the same day as GTI intres

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh yes.. Thank you for reminding me Penny.

The scenery is so nice that your TT might decide to spend the night with the planes rather than in your garage..... :p

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
i should be coming along again , it was a great meet last time :D .

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TTiers now that the Ace Cafe meet is over I am sure we can find time for another one at Elstree. I can't promise that we will have good weather but we have to keep on trying meeting up until we find good weather..... :p :p

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Put me down for this meet please. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Disappointed I couldn't make the last mini meet. :cry:
Closer than the Ace for me and an area I know well. :D
John..

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.