Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just managed to pick upa new Concert II at a reasonable price - No I didn't nick it.

It's brand new and boxed but I fear it will need the Bose to be enabled. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blimey WAK - Even by your standards that was fast. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have access to VAGcom and not being a PC owner I am unlikely to. Wonder if this is the only way.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
or you visit someone with vagcom...or ask your dealer to do it!

if your lucky it may already be coded when you switch it on! :?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer would likely relieve me of a limb to do it so it's time to find someone on here with VAGcom. One of my mates may also have a PeeCee laptop so I could just buy VAGcom and install it. Finally, it may well work fine under emulation in VPC 6 although that's a last resort.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just saw how much it is - Pretty refreshing. Hopefully the head unit will have Bose enabled....... If not then the stealer must be cheaper than buying VAGcom.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
if you want to drive round to Staines then i'll code it but just try it first.

:?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the seller reckons it is already BOSE enabled but I am not sure yet. He got it in a job lot of stuff he bought from a VAG parts supplier (apparently). He has sent pix of the manual with code sticker attached and box. Will find out on Saturday.

Thanks for the offer WAK - Wasn't fishing for it actually. I was going to put out a plea on here if I needed it, offering to pay someone to do it. Rather someone on here get some money than my stealer. If it comes to that and you are happy to have a go then IM me what I will owe you for your time.

Faithless - Bass heavy eh? Wow - It's got no shortgae of that as it is on some tracks so definitely want the BOSE to be working.

Is the audio circuitry inside the Concert any different than the Chorus or are the only differences the tape/CD?

Got this one for £200 so if it works it'll be a bargain!

Famous last words.......... [smiley=behead.gif]

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
It'll be fine, so long as its a chorus 2 to concert 2 and you have the code.

I did mine late last year hence the effort to work out the radio coding.

just let me know if you need it coded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts