Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, got te car back from electricians today, £90 quid later and engine start button fitted on the offside, would have preferred it in a more central position but it wasn't feasibel (Naresh was spot on there)

It looks great, not a mod man at the minute but this was a boyhood neccessity of mine and i have achieved it now....what next, quite like the sound of the wak box!!! would it make a compliment the push button start with sufficient Vrooooom???? 8)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Yep we need pic's

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good point, this is Naresh's, it's exactly the same button (s2000) and the same position......altho he has a fair few mods than me!!!!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Very cool, always liked the idea of a start button & think it suits the interior. Has anyone mounted the S2000 start button in the center console next to the seat warmers etc. I've got an empty button, as I've got no ESP, so would like to mount one in there.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
back in my car dealing days 70's i bought a Triumph Herald where the ign barrel had been ripped out, fitted on/off key and a start button, cost pennies and i loved it reminded me of the old mk2 Jag, a great retro and i suppose new style performance/sporty feel :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

what would be good is a proximity entry / keyless entry type thingy start button and do away with keys and barrel altogether, be more than the very resonable £90 though eh!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
DesignerDaveTT said:
Can the start button be mounted in place of the cigarette lighter, in the ashtray drop down?
how about the very small and discreet mk 2 jag button, i dont know the cost of the s2000 button but can you not use and button used in something like fruit machine, comes in difference colours, be as cheap as chips

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Jonny

Im loving the start button!! Where abouts did you get it done, as I would like to get this done in the near future and would rather get it done by someone who has previous experience of fitting them.

Thanks

Gregg

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Diverat said:
A Start Button is so yesterday :p currently looking at the iPhone car control, app. I think it will do locks, starts, etc http://gizmodo.com/5380504/your-iphone- ... r-car-keys

Kevin
yess Niiiiice, i think you have to have an alarm system that has a remote start fitted ... another good toy had one on my last car ..very James Bond even more so if you use your phone impresses everybody :eek:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
mikeat45 said:
Diverat said:
A Start Button is so yesterday :p currently looking at the iPhone car control, app. I think it will do locks, starts, etc http://gizmodo.com/5380504/your-iphone- ... r-car-keys

Kevin
yess Niiiiice, i think you have to have an alarm system that has a remote start fitted ... another good toy had one on my last car ..very James Bond even more so if you use your phone impresses everybody :eek:
Having mine fitted in a couple if weeks :p the app is also available for blackberry.

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
Johny D said:
Hi folks, got te car back from electricians today, £90 quid later and engine start button fitted on the offside, would have preferred it in a more central position but it wasn't feasibel (Naresh was spot on there)
Quality mod and reckon the drivers side is definitely the best looking location for these [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
SICK TT said:
mikeat45 said:
Diverat said:

Kevin
Having mine fitted in a couple if weeks :p the app is also available for blackberry.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
T3RBO said:
Johny D said:
Quality mod and reckon the drivers side is definitely the best looking location for these [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
You mean like this... 8)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HI folks, here are the pics of mine.......

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TTRampage said:
Hi Jonny

Im loving the start button!! Where abouts did you get it done, as I would like to get this done in the near future and would rather get it done by someone who has previous experience of fitting them.

Thanks

Gregg
Gregg, i live in Teesside in the North East and took it to an auto electrician, Naresh kindly offered to do it but he's in the west Midlands if your anywhere near him PM him. Failing that any Auto electrics place should be able to do it.
The s2000 buttons are on ebay for £55, they are the best match for the interior.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nikos525 said:
Very cool, always liked the idea of a start button & think it suits the interior. Has anyone mounted the S2000 start button in the center console next to the seat warmers etc. I've got an empty button, as I've got no ESP, so would like to mount one in there.
Nikos, i'm sure i've seen a forum members car with the engine start button in place of the drivers heated seat button so it certainly can be done......
I wanted it more central but didn't want to lose one of the other features...

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Here is another install I did on a QS (no heated seat switches) Also I notice your installer didn't use the outer trim ring. This is essential to get that OEM curled finish to the edges of the dash.

Curled in finish using OEM ring:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.