Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my previous post :

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... p?t=111704

All of the parts for the kit are now ready :)

This kit will replace all of the plastic rivets and the screws used to hold the front trim, battery cover and coolant cover.

All of the parts are top specification, no expense has been spared as I wanted to put together the best parts possible.

The threaded blocks are Aluminium with chamfered holes and hand finished M6 threads.

The bolts are grade A2 Stainless Steel or High Tensile Steel with a black finish

The rivets are aluminium with steel mandrels

The washers are CNC machined Aluminium with a hard anodised finish in silver or black. The surface finish is absolutely flawless.

All of the parts are machined in the UK !

Here is the complete kit :

6 x thin machined washers - for the front trim panel
4 x thick machined washers - for the battery and coolant covers
6 x threaded blocks
6 x 12mm Bolts in Stainless Steel or High Tensile Steel
4 x 25mm Bolts in Stainless Steel or High Tensile Steel
12 x Aluminum rivets
1 x Allen Key - standard 4mm size for the tool tray in the boot 8)

The threaded blocks are riveted in place and when installed they allow you to use a bolt to secure the front trim panels. The battery and coolant covers are simple replacements ie. remove the old bolt and replace it with a machined washer and new bolt.

This kit will fit proper TT's (ie not the mk2's :wink: ) 150, 180, 225 & V6 models.

From the excellent response from my previous post, I have arranged enough parts to make 40 silver sets and 10 black sets. Buying all of the parts in bulk has brought the cost of each complete kit down to £45.00. I can arrange insured P&P within the UK at £48.00

if you want a kit posted out ASAP, please send £48.00 via Paypal to [email protected]. Please make sure you mention your forum name and also what colour washers and bolts you require.

Alternatively if you want to pay by cheque just email me for my postal address.

UPDATE:
Please download the fitting instructions from HERE

UPDATE 19th April :

only a few kits left in Stainless Steel & in Black, get them while they are available!

·
Registered
346 Posts
PAYMENT SENT THANKS

LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING THEM :p :p

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beltway said:
Can you get a set to the US or if not, send it to someone I designate in the UK?
sending a kit to the US will be no problem, I will confirm the shipping costs on Monday and get back to you.

Hark
I started to fit my kit today........then the heavens opened :? will take some pics tomorrow and post them on here.

·
Registered
418 Posts
... just knew these wouldnt disappoint !! 8) :D 8)

Well done WAS :wink:

Payment* sent

·
Registered
686 Posts
Paypal payment sent for one set of silver.

Thanks for an awesome little mod Was.

Sean.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question but how do i do this "The threaded blocks are riveted in place " or will it be self explanatory when i come to install :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
84,236 Posts
I will take a black set Was if it is any help I can get the same fixings as the Auto Asthetics kit uses for the front 6 fittings very cheap

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Was,

PayPal payment sent for a silver kit please. Nice work there!

Cheers.......Simon

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
graham225 said:
Sorry for the dumb question but how do i do this "The threaded blocks are riveted in place " or will it be self explanatory when i come to install :oops: :oops: :oops:
all will become clear when I post up the fitting instructions :wink:

easy6 said:
Any chance of a set being posted to Sydney Australia? :)
will be no problem at all, I will confirm the shipping costs for you tomorrow.

YELLOW_TT said:
I will take a black set Was if it is any help I can get the same fixings as the Auto Asthetics kit uses for the front 6 fittings very cheap
cheers Andy, I did look at the 'Nutsert' option but I wanted better quality :wink:

1 - 20 of 207 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.