Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i bought my 1.8t bottom just a bare block and crank i put it in the boot of my TT then arrive home
road works blocked my drive i had to carry it about 100 meters to get it indoors
bloody hell it was fookin heavvvvy !!

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
nate42 said:
V6RUL said:
Straight from the car with liquids and oils still in place..280kg
Steve
Is that the weight of the superior V6 lump you are talking about? Your turbo alone weights the same than tiny 1.8t :lol: :lol:
I think you will find that the 5 pot from the RS is heavier than the V6 heavy lump.. :p

My block complete with ancillaries is lighter than the OEM block as i dont have SAI, AC, Inlet plenum, EGR and some of the wall thickness has been removed.. :p
Steve

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Now I am quite sure that 'Glawman' is going to enlighten us with the reason for asking such an anorak question [smiley=book2.gif] , over to you 'Glawman', what is your cunning plan behind such a question eh :?: :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all, my cunning plan is as follows, I am breaking my TT and a guy in Melbourne is interested in engine gearbox turbo and manifolds, so I am trying to get a price for shipping it to Melbourne!!!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Yeah why do you need to know we maybe able to offer more help.

You can get nearly 70kg out of engine bay just by Cliamte removal with pipes and rad, SAI etc... you dont need.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
GLAWMAN said:
Thanks all, my cunning plan is as follows, I am breaking my TT and a guy in Melbourne is interested in engine gearbox turbo and manifolds, so I am trying to get a price for shipping it to Melbourne!!!
FFS Melbourne, aint they got smashed up titties in Australasia, unless you could find a container to share I would shudder to think of the shipping costs, oh well good luck with the deal, hope it pans out... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would be easier selling it in the UK but i've had no interest here
So based on a weight of 300kg and palletised I've been quoted £161 from my door to Melbourne port!!! AMAZING!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
GLAWMAN said:
It would be easier selling it in the UK but i've had no interest here
So based on a weight of 300kg and palletised I've been quoted £161 from my door to Melbourne port!!! AMAZING!!!!!
That is amazing, wow! :eek: :eek: That means me and the girlfriend could be palletised and go to Australia for £80-00 (half the weight) :D , I'll start making the holiday arrangements today.. :lol:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Pallet shipping is not that expensive. You just need to tie that engine to the pallet nice and tight, I'd build a box around it to protect from hits. If it goes by boat you need to think about corrosion as the moist sea air corrodes metal fast. Plug all holes in the engine ,can of protective sticky grease, then wrap tight in plastic and it should survive.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
nate42 said:
Pallet shipping is not that expensive. You just need to tie that engine to the pallet nice and tight, I'd build a box around it to protect from hits. If it goes by boat you need to think about corrosion as the moist sea air corrodes metal fast. Plug all holes in the engine ,can of protective sticky grease, then wrap tight in plastic and it should survive.
Good idea for the engine, does it apply to my girlfriend as well?? :D

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
merlin c said:
nate42 said:
Good idea for the engine, does it apply to my girlfriend as well?? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd say with those instructions it will be night to remember :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
John-H said:
I used to be able to pick up a Ford 1300 engine and stagger along with it - but not as far as Australia :roll:
I used to be able to pick up an 18 year old and stagger along with that too.... :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts