Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had new inner and outer cv joints put on today now the ESP keeps kicking in for no reason and cutting power
I know the alignment is completely out but is it down to anything else?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Adam-tt said:
Just had new inner and outer cv joints put on today now the ESP keeps kicking in for no reason and cutting power
If the alignment is way out, it might be the steering angle sensor causing the ESP to panic.
Do a reset in VAGCOM, instructions are at rosstech's site.

Or.... it might be something to do with the wheel speed sensors being disturbed with the CV change.... VAGCOM should show this too id imagine.... good luck mate

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Hmmm... well id definitely go for a re-calibration of the steering angle sensor in that case.

Does seem coincidental that the CVs were done and this showed after though.... ESP uses the ABS sensors on the wheel hubs, so if theyve been disturbed, it might have some crud or rust on the sensor tips... im not sure but they might be mildly magnetic on the tips....

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a sensor on order just incase will have a look at it when i get chance
pretty sure its the wheel sensor now as i went through a puddle earlier and it had a really big fit :lol:

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Adam-tt said:
i have a sensor on order just incase will have a look at it when i get chance
pretty sure its the wheel sensor now as i went through a puddle earlier and it had a really big fit :lol:
where was it done Adam TRD i assume? if so take it back as they will be happy to sort it out bud

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Adam-tt said:
had a quick scan with vagcom lite no faults :?
I wouldn't expect VagCom to report a fault if you're stationary.
If you check VagCom, ABS, Measuring Blocks- 3, 4, & 5, and check the steering angle to see if it matches the steering wheel. If it doesn't then try a reset in Basic Settings Block 60.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Adam-tt said:
Wheel alignment is most likely cause. If the tracking is out, it makes a significant difference to the esp. I had this problem on my s3, there was loads of toe-in on the front and the esp was always on. A quick trip to ats for tracking and it rarely came on after that. Proper 4 wheel alignment would be even better

·
Registered
850 Posts
Have you just changed the ABS sensor recently? I had the exact same problem, and i found out that there were some rust&dust down where the sensor was positioned.. I just removed the sensor, driller and cleaned the spot, and replaced the ABS sensor, and that did it for me.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Graham has been great the last 2 weeks stayed open extra late last night
Touch wood everything is fine this morning so might have just had some dirty or something on the sensor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts