Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ESP light was intermittently coming on. Fault code 01423 was coming up. Light is now permanently on but code 01423 has been replaced with 57 00 code electric circuit fault. Now can't reset the codes because of this fault. Posts indicate may be the g200 lateral sensor but replaced that and no difference. Problem is can't get the sensor reset because of this electric circuit fault. Any ideas anybody it's driving me and car electrician crazy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the haldex controller? It's a weird one because the vagcom won't work because of the electric circuit fault. Car park checked wiring from lateral sensor to ecu and it sees fine?

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
Haldex controller is the electronics that control the unit that gives drive to the rear wheels

·
Registered
10,704 Posts
Taylorp said:
Cheers. Is there a sure way of telling that it is the haldex controller? Would vagcom show this up as it currently only shows the electric circuit fault
Can you hear a ticking noise from the haldex ? and also when was the oil last changed ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've just had an earth fault on the longitudinal sensor and that took a while to find and sort out - it came up as an intermittant fault but in realityy the sensor signal was flicking between zero and max. This may be your problem but I can't tell you which wire from the sensor is the earth but you should be able to work it out from the wiring diagram. My garage man just ran a new earth and it's fixed the problem

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
completely out there I know but it could be shagged MAF/MAF wiring! If you unplig the MAF on a fully working car you get the ESP light on perm.... I know this because I forgot to connect mine back up after disconnecting it to change the plugs and the ESP light came on all bright and proud, looked very pleased with itself.... made my arse twitch like a rabbits nose though!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.