Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a mk 1 Audi TT 225 Quattro that has the esp light constantly on. I tried to read the steering angle but the steering angle sensor showed a fault code under the abs menu.

so I bought a new sensor, installed it and tried to calibrate it. But whilst logging in my computer only says login fail, or not connected. I’ve tried both 40168 and 09575 as codes.

So now I’m at a loss of ideas, what should I do next? Do you need some special vagcom? Might mine be to simple? Or can there be another failure of say the abs ecu?
Thank you all!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi, i have a mk 1 Audi TT 225 Quattro that has the esp light constantly on. I tried to read the steering angle but the steering angle sensor showed a fault code under the abs menu.

so I bought a new sensor, installed it and tried to calibrate it. But whilst logging in my computer only says login fail, or not connected. I’ve tried both 40168 and 09575 as codes.

So now I’m at a loss of ideas, what should I do next? Do you need some special vagcom? Might mine be to simple? Or can there be another failure of say the abs ecu?
Thank you all!
Funny thing was that I just had this code after I fixed brake sensors and crash sensors.

It says my steering is 360 degrees off.

I will fix it tomorrow .

Sometimes it's not the faulty parts.

What vcds do you use?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Try to disconnect battery, and fully charge it with charger.

Reconnect everything again, try again.

Sometimes it's just the connection problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I will try the battery thing, might be something like that.
Also, when I check the measuring block it says that when my wheels are straight then it’s 0° but if I turn left it goes up normally, but if I turn right it jump to about 2480°. Is this how it’s supposed to be?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
No, sounds like the replacement is faulty.
There is a flag/dot in a window that should be visable when fitting. Also when the flag is visible it should then be able to rotate 1.5 turns freely in both directions.
I bought a used one and it worked fine and didn't need calibrating, but i calibrated it anyway

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi, I will try the battery thing, might be something like that.
Also, when I check the measuring block it says that when my wheels are straight then it’s 0° but if I turn left it goes up normally, but if I turn right it jump to about 2480°. Is this how it’s supposed to be?
No way like that.

Definitely it needs calibration Or maybe faulty one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so what should it show when turning left and right? Also, I am using a fault code reader of brand Biltema named felkodslasare PRO. Might this be what’s holding me back? A “non genuine” vagcom?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Okay, so what should it show when turning left and right? Also, I am using a fault code reader of brand Biltema named felkodslasare PRO. Might this be what’s holding me back? A “non genuine” vagcom?
U better get vcds or lite version.

Other scan tool is not good for the job.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
I doubt unregistered vcds lite will have the output test for the steering angle sensor. You'll need to pay the 99 dollar registration fee... really ROSS-TECH should stop charging that extra bit, and just have some personal use promise, or annoyance if you scan a different ECU ID - maybe allow up to 3 or 4 - I have 2 but only one car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts