Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right this is for the mods/ forum admin, everyone on this site at some stage asks for a part number. Most of know about the vagcat board and use their forum to get our required part numbers. I point I'm trying to make is that if they have it on there forum why can't we get it on this forum? If its a matter of cost I don't mind putting some dish toward obtaining it for our forum. It would be so much easier for everyone to come to one place to get the info they need. Thoughts ?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
After recent Windows 7 updates to my PC, can't get ETKA to run and this seems to be a common problem. When I had ETKA running ok didn't mind helping out with part numbers for other members.

An online part number catalogue for the forum is a very good idea and would be appreciated by all members.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
steveupton said:
After recent Windows 7 updates to my PC, can't get ETKA to run and this seems to be a common problem. When I had ETKA running ok didn't mind helping out with part numbers for other members.

An online part number catalogue for the forum is a very good idea and would be appreciated by all members.
That's the point I was trying to make.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
I just type in 'etka audi spare parts catalogue' then select 'vag cat boards' and then just sign in, registration is simple.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
1sttt said:
Well that's what i do merlin . It is easy enough but wouldn't it be nice to have it on this forum?
Sorry, just woke up after nights [smiley=freak.gif] , got the thread by the arse end. Yes it would be great if we had instant access like the Vag boys... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
16 Posts
merlin c said:
I just type in 'etka audi spare parts catalogue' then select 'vag cat boards' and then just sign in, registration is simple.
It seems that Vagcat has been working for you guys recently. I had access about 2 weeks ago - started downloading drawings, the website seems down - or at least my computer can't connect. Is there something special I need to do to see it?

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
CrzRsn said:
merlin c said:
It seems that Vagcat has been working for you guys recently. I had access about 2 weeks ago - started downloading drawings, the website seems down - or at least my computer can't connect. Is there something special I need to do to see it?
Site seems to be down. - address not available on OpenDNS. ( and for others when I googled it)

Brian

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
steveupton said:

Same here. Etka no worky on win7 so I've had to install it on my old winxp laptop.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
There is no way to actually get ETKA on here as it's technically illegal to obtain or use it outside the VAG network.

The VagCat site was down for most of last year and I gave up on it, I assumed it has been shut down due to legal issues of supplying that information.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Garth said:
steveupton said:

Same here. Etka no worky on win7 so I've had to install it on my old winxp laptop.
do you mean you log in and it does not work or download it and then it does not work, because I have Windows home 7 and I can access the site no problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts