Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been on a long drive around Europe.

I a m looking at doing this in the summer, probably go around france but move into theAlps and take that austrian pass they did in top gear through to Germany to try the unliited autobahn and then back.

Any routes / idea's welcome.

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
huggy said:

I a m looking at doing this in the summer, probably go around france but move into theAlps and take that austrian pass they did in top gear through to Germany to try the unliited autobahn and then back.

Hey Huggy :)

We (my wife and I) are doing this next month for three weeks - off to Amsterdam from Newcastle then down through the Alps to Rome, Venice, Innsbruck, Vienna, Prague, Berlin etc.

Looking forward to it - the green card arrived yesterday :p

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
You have to visit Nurburgring (die Nordsleife) and take your TT for a spinn there :wink:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Arne said:
You have to visit Nurburgring (die Nordsleife) and take your TT for a spinn there :wink:
Where is this exactly? I know Germany :oops: but trying to add it to our route.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thanks Arne

How easy is it to get a photo of the car on the start/finish line?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
RK07 said:
Thanks Arne

How easy is it to get a photo of the car on the start/finish line?
It's not a real start/finish line on the Nordsleife for the "tourist fahren". There are many photographers there, but they take pictures around the track. And it can be difficult to find "your picture" later - if you where taken pictures of....

To be sure to get some pictures, bring your own camera. If you are there with friends/wife/girlfriend etc.....make them take some pictures of you on the track :wink:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Cheers Arne

I'm not getting too excited about driving the track - I'll be in our Mini One :lol:

However I'm hoping to get lots of cool photos in various locations across Euope that we can get produced and framed on our return. Hopefully WUF (the Mini) will look pretty good in front of a few big attractions (colleseum etc) 8)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
RK07 said:
Cheers Arne

I'm not getting too excited about driving the track - I'll be in our Mini One :lol:

However I'm hoping to get lots of cool photos in various locations across Euope that we can get produced and framed on our return. Hopefully WUF (the Mini) will look pretty good in front of a few big attractions (colleseum etc) 8)
You will find a lot of possibilities to get some nice pictures at Nurburgring. For example there will be lots of very nice (race set up) cars there, and you can take pics of your Mini beside some of them.... :wink:

And I promise you - even with the Mini, you will love doing a lap or three on the Ring.... :p

Here is a picture of me from 2002 on my old bike at Brunchen (one of the curves at the Ring):

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
We had a tour around Belgium and France last year 2k+ miles in a fortnight. We were in the Ardennes and Normandy was great fun apart from the odd French bus driver who was sure his bus could fit past the TT :eek:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RK07 said:
huggy said:

Hey Huggy :)

We (my wife and I) are doing this next month for three weeks - off to Amsterdam from Newcastle then down through the Alps to Rome, Venice, Innsbruck, Vienna, Prague, Berlin etc.

Looking forward to it - the green card arrived yesterday :p
sounds like a good trip.

post a report when you get back

have a great time

·
Registered
146 Posts
RK07 said:

H)
It is fun to drive the ring but be careful conditions can vary round the circuit and unless you are very lucky there will be lots of other cars around some not being driven very well - there are some great clips on Youtube etc one I recall of a couple of lads who managed to crash within a very short distance of the start.

If you do crash (and your standard insurance won't cover you) the circuit will charge you for towing you away and any damage to barriers etc.

So have fun but be careful.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
jbtco said:
...there are some great clips on Youtube etc one I recall of a couple of lads who managed to crash within a very short distance of the start
:lol: That was a classic. Two boys in a BMW... "Here we go, we're on The Ring!" ...screech, slide, crunch :lol:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi Huggy

I did South of France last summer Calais, Reims, Lyon, Aix en Provence
down the A6-A7. Then toured round the Gorge de Verdon, now thats a fantastic area to drive. Back up via Monpelier over the Millau bridge then Clermon Ferand, Paris, Calais. Would recommend it but NOT in August.

Have a great time, but watch your speed in France

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
jbtco said:
Missing the car but not the fuel bills.

Looking forward to my TTS sadly seems to be a long wait= any word when you are getting your demo, Fraser said it was to be orange - very brave !
oh, I'll be popping in to see this 8) :p

·
Registered
896 Posts
Believe either June or July and it has been changed to white.

If anyone wants it orange let me know and I'll get B&Q to mix some Dulux stuff up :lol:

O/T Malcolm came to see me to let me know that he has ordered the trim for your TT. I'll let you know once its here :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.