Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to let my motor sit throughout the week and use as a weekend car but i want to get the birds 225 mapped. just seems to lack a little for me day to day and runs out of puff.
What sort of gains can i expect from a straight forward map.
Any advice would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
328i-sport-rossi said:
Decided to let my motor sit throughout the week and use as a weekend car but i want to get the birds 225 mapped. just seems to lack a little for me day to day and runs out of puff.
What sort of gains can i expect from a straight forward map.
Any advice would be appreciated :)
Presuming its starting with 225bhp now... expect a gain of 30bhp/40lbft from stage 1 for no other mods

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks badger, Well sound like a good start, I have plans to get hold of a Neuspeed induction kit also and a milltek, are these recommended items for the TT? can anyone advise on better . Im thinking the 225bhp is a good base to play around with but dont want to go over board and start changing turbos and so on as im thinking il stick with the KO4 :)

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
With a stage 1 map, good exhaust, induction kit or improved panel filter and other minor additions (such as silicone hoses, for example) you can realistically get the engine to about 265 bhp without any reliability issues at all.

The big turbo debate runs and runs but my personal view is it's not the way to go if you need the car to be running on a daily basis. If it's your only car and you need to be safe with it then the above is about where the line lies, but 265 bhp is plenty lively enough for general road use.

But if you're keeping the car for the weekend and perhaps fancy the odd bit of track use you could afford to push it a little further. A stage 2 map, 3" downpipe and front mounted intercooler would give you perhaps another 25-35 bhp and possibly top the 300 mark, and again without any massive reliability implications, provided you give the engine a thorough check over before you start and clear up any boost leaks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds just about perfect for what im after to be honest. :) im wanting reliability to be honest but with the added bonus of it being fairly quick so the stage one along with the listed mods is probably the way to go for me.
My other motor is my little weekend toy and handy for the odd track days too.
Also the TT has to be still easy to drive for the GF although she does like to give it some too lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts